Monday, April 02, 2007

"Of Inside-Out Pants & The Power Of Paper"

Yes.

That's Right...

Today I discovered I am getting old. I went to the loo, and discovered that I had inadvertently put my underwear on inside out!! This was made quite clear since the label/band round the waist was inside out...

Oh dear.

Less haste, more speed getting dressed in the morning methinks.

It's not as if I was in a hurry, I mean I got to work ridiculously early today. I had to try and ressurect the till because I had killed it on Saturday by accident just before I left. By killed it, I mean there was no brain activity at all. I messed about on the keys, and... nothing.

Not a single blip or beep or even an electronic sigh.

Luckily, my boss came in and managed to fix it by unscrewing the whole thing, and putting it back together again, apparently it died because of a humble roll of paper had jammed. I'm glad he did because I have the DIY/pracical sskills of an arthritic fish when it comes to all things technical. The best I can do is stand there looking serious and frowning a lot when there's a problem that needs fixing. As in, really fixing.

Today was Month End day, and I had my usual task of changing my personality temporarily and becoming an accountant to do the Month End accounts. (no offense if you're an accountant reading this, but you're not exactly known for your spontaneity are you?) Anyway, I spent the next five hours of my day trawling through endless columns and speadsheets until the task was done. It actually bores the pants off me, (well not literally, otherwise I wudnt have discovered my inside-out pants problem would I!!) but I have to do it, so I just grit my teeth, take lots of tea and biscuits, and get on with it.

Oh, and on the subject of biscuits...

On saturday, Laura (the new saturday staff member) was challenged by me to see how many of Millie's Cookies she could get for a tenner, and I was quite impressed with the result! She came back with a box of 19 freshly baked cookies still warm, and told us the guy at the Cookie Counter didn't believe her at first when she asked him for a tenner's worth lol!

I decided that Emily (our current "been-here-a-year" saturday staff member) needed a more difficult challenge, and so gave her £2 and told her to go to Iceland, (the shop not the place!!) and see how many packets of biscuits she could get with it!!

I thought this quite a hard task but was duitifully proved wrong as she came back with FIVE packets of biscuits with a grin on her face lol! Needless to say we gave some of the cookies out to customers as we couldn't finish them all, and we'd already had a toasted teacake each for breakfast!! *sigh* I'm such a generous boss!!

I always try to have fun on a saturday, and food is usually part of the equasion as well!!

Sunday, was my mum's birthday, and after I got home from church in the morning, we went to the Toby Carvery, to have a HUGE roast dinner!! My brother s came as well, though my sister wasn't ready in time, so that was a sore point!! My bro came with his wife and brought my nephew Jacob :) Highlights of the meal were me making silly noises to keep Jacob entertained while everyone in the carvery laughed at me!! Huh! They're all critics!!

Well, that was my weekend, I hope you're all enthralled...

1 comment:

  1. I will not tell you all the different things I've put on inside out and not realized until much later!!

    ReplyDelete