Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Knackered!!

Yes readers, I am cream-crackered, tired, goosed, wasted, worn-out, undone, and any other words to describe how you feel after only five hours sleep.

What brought on this bout of cruel insomnia I hear you ask?!

Well, womens issues and poo to be precise.

Before you click close on this browser window, I'd like to annotate the previous sentence by explaining that I was involved in a very humourous and very frank msn conversation last night with at the very least six other people, (it was a very large window in the end!!) and we were discussing how people read the Bible in a very scientific, and polite way, when the Bible is actually quite shocking and rude.

in particular I was delighted to point out that paul uses a commonly used swearword of his day in one passage, when he tries to describe his life before knowing Jesus, and also how isaiah uses sarcasm to point out the ridiculousness of bowing down to statues made of denser material (in both sense of the word!) than human beings....

Oh, yes, and there was the passage where Ezekiel describes a man's "bits" and compares them to a donkey's, and the passage where he describes all our efforts at trying to make God think we're great as "menstrual rags". Hmmmmm. niiiiice!!

I love people who express themselves and dont care about formality and politeness, and love even more the God who would rather die for us than live without us, and gives us this great Book.

Laters.....

*snorts more coffee*

4 comments:

  1. You may find this hard to believe of innocent little Margo-Me, but when my childhood best friend and I were about 12 we used to go through the Bible looking for the most weird verses we could find (anything about body parts was typically weird!), and then we'd share the ones we'd found for a laugh. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. *laughs maniacally at having discovered your blog* Blame Margo.. it's her fault

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Well, womens issues and poo to be precise."


    La-la-la .... I cannot hear youuuuu ... la-la-laaa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margo - actually... I can believe that ;) lol

    Benny - Welcome matey!! I've added your blog to my list... Muhahaha!!

    MdMhvonpa - lol I had exactly the same reaction!!

    ReplyDelete