Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Fight Is On!!!

I may not have mentioned before, but I am currently in the process of taking my bank to court over unfair bank charges.

I'm certainly not the first and I won't be the last either..

I wrote to the bank asking for my money back from the charges, which since 2002 has totalled more than £3000, and with interest is more like £3800. Needless to say they ignored my requests even though I sent them a printed list of the charges I had got from my account history online.

I've now taken them to court via moneyclaim online and they have just acknowledged receipt of my claim via a letter in the post from their Solicitors today. They now have two weeks to mount a defence, so hopefully by May 3rd, I should be at the position of claiming my money back. I'm prepared to take it further, as all the banks that have been taken to court for unfair charges have capitulated at the last moment before it got to the court date. I'm confident that they will pay me all the money back they have charged me over the years, and hopefully it will clear my debt and enable me to start saving for a holiday.

In other news, my date for my X Factor audition is May 18th, between 3-15 and 6pm, so I'm about to order a vocal warm-up cd to help me in my practicing an get my voice trained a bit. (I've never had singing lessons) I'm quite excited but don't really think I'll get anywhere, as I haven't really got an "image" as such, and people in the music industry seem to be big on that... Also, I'm gonna have to get back to the gym, as not having been for six weeks has produced a developed paunch that I need to get rid of before the audition!!

It should be a great experience, and that's the way I'm approaching it, as to build myself up over nothing would be a bit silly!!

In May, I'm going to Alton Towers for the annual Christianchat meetup, and on the Bank Holiday Monday, I'm also meeting up with a few other people in London, so hopefully the next few weeks should be quite exciting!!

:-)

3 comments:

  1. Woot! That's the kind of thing I wouldn't begin to know how to do. I'd have to make my mom do it. She knows all about money stuff.

    What do you mean you don't have an image? You're a hobbit with spikey hair! And that's something. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there mate - more and more people are winning these cases. Banks are in a much weaker position than is generally known and are tending to pay out in order to limit their own legal costs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I run a site that may be of interest to you, helping people to claim their bank charges back. The site has detailed step by step guides to the whole process, along with template letters and spreadsheets.

    We also have a complete guide to using Money Claim Online to file your claim against the bank online.

    The site is free to use, and has all the info you need to make a successfull claim!

    www.claimbankchargesback.co.uk

    ReplyDelete