Friday, April 13, 2007

Aaaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!!

Ahem.

Sorry, I just needed to release the tension!

It's been a MANIC day today at the shop, for some reason the whole world and his dog came out of the woodwork and decided to browse/buy/ask awkward questions!!

It's been one of those days where you're on the go all the time, going from customer to customer, query to query, and everybody in the world wants a piece of you because you know the information...

Sometimes I wish I wasn't so good at my job. Ok, I know that sounds big-headed, but I don't mean it that way. It's just when you've helped out a customer and found where to get that book from they desperately wanted, and you got it in record time, they tend to come back, again...

and again.

and again!

Which, I suppose is good for the shop, but not so great for my own personal sanity! It's not that I'm better than anyone, it's just that I seem to be more of a nerd when it comes to remembering isbn prefixes, and publishers and authors... maybe it's because I've worked here eight and a half years and know my job really well that's all!

Anyway, suffice it to say that I'm hoping tommorrow will be less stressful!

I'm currently planning my summer trip to the U.S, and it's proving an interesting experience, in terms of booking connections and different ways to travel!! I forgot how big America is, and how long it take to travel to places within the same country!!

Anyway, I'm still at work and need to go home now, so will blog more when I get there...

Tarah!

1 comment:

  1. woot! yes i'm sorry but America is huge. it was an accident, i swear.
    getting to CA from ME is going to be interesting--my sister lives in Idaho and it almost never costs her less than $500 to fly here.

    ReplyDelete