Sunday, September 19, 2004

Online - Is It real?? What about God?!

03 August 2004
Time: 00:34:00 o'clock BST
Author: happyhobbit29
Mood: Mischievous
Music: Hillsongs London

I mean, is it??! I was thinking just before that it's wierd that this century we've got so much technology at out fingertips, (literally!) but yet we're the farthest apart as humans that we can be, and probably of any generation before us...

Take chatting online for example. How do you know the person you're talking to is really the person they say theye are??! How do you know when they say "I'm slim, blone and attractive" they don't actually mean "I weigh more than a blue whale, I'm blonde because my green hair dye went wrong, and I'm attractive if you're a hairy mammoth too"... ?

I'm new to all this but I still get caught out taking people at their word asnd being too trusting. Not that I'm saying I accept everything people say to me without question, but I prefer to give them "the benefit of the doubt". I sometimes wonder whether that should be the case online at all. (My paranoia strikes again)

Luckily so far I have found some genuine people and made some good friends, but who's to say the next one won't be a physcho?!

That brings me nicely on to the subject of faith...

"Faith?" you might say, "what has that got to do with anything?"...

Well, faith is just a big word for "trust". To "have faith" in someone means you have trust in them, to trust that their decision making or their abilities will carry an objective through, or achieve a goal set. This is what Christians are supposed to do, and the way we're supposed to live.

Sadly many of us as Christians don't demonstrate faith in the way that we live, mostly what we demonstrate is "belief" and "fear". It's a hard concept to grasp, but you can "have belief" in something without neccesarily "having faith" in it...

"Having faith" implies a relationship to the object/person you're demonstrating it in. You can't have trust in something you're not sure is there!! "Believing" in something, is a mental assent to an idea or theory that doesn't neccesarily involve relationship.

ALOT of people get these two ideas mixed up, so that they make the statement "I have faith" which actaully means "I believe there may be a God", which is totally different to the Bible's idea of what "faith" is...

Just a though that plagued me today...

I think I think too much...

No comments:

Post a Comment