Sunday, September 19, 2004

Got Me Thinking...

24 July 2004
Time: 00:27:00 o'clock BST
Author: happyhobbit29
Mood: Chillin'
Music: Mercy Me

Sometimes it's good to reflect.

I've had a quiet past few days, not being 100% health wise, and it's given me some time to think about some things...

Time to think about where my life is headed. Time to think about the fact I'm 30 next month, and not a hint of a relationship on the horizon. Or the fact that I don't have an important job, I don't have lots of money, don't particularly have any status, etc

But all that's ok, because I've known someone since I was nine who's been with me every step of the way, and He's never let me down.

It's very hard to describe to people what God is like if you've never met Him. It's like trying to describe nuclear physics to a flea really. It's not that God is complicated neccesarily, (although He is!) it's just that you just can't imagine how Good, how Loving, how Kind how Compassionate He is.

It's like the best friend you could ever have, the best parent, the best lover who perfectly understands you all rolled into one.

The sad thing is, most people THINK they know what He is like by looking at those of us who claim we know Him. Unfortunately, we are just the same as everyone else, we make the same mistakes, have the same fear of rejection, and have the same ability within us to cause hurt as the next person.

People look at Christians and think that Jesus must be hateful, proud, bigoted and hypocritical just because they look at his followers. To be honest I can't say I blame them, very often we are all of those things and worse. BUT...

It's not meant to be like that. Jesus came to show us what God is like. Jesus spent time when he was here on earth with the people who everybodt else wrote off, the socially reprehensible, the outcasts, the hated people, the downtrodden and the abused. The religious people he hated because they didn't follow God, they followed a religion based on their own self-importance.

It seems that today he needs to do the same again, because the religious people are stirring up again, and blocking out the wonderful message Jesus came to bring, most of all God is Just, but He is also Love. God has the right to condemn, but He chooses to condemn Himself rather than be separated from us. He chooses to take the punishment that we deserve...

I know some people will read this an think I'm a loony, (they'd be half right! ;) lol ) but that doesn't matter to me, because I know I've met Him, and I know He's real, Ifeel His love written on my heart, and written in events in my life...

Trust me, once you've found God, and realised the depth of His love for you, nothing, and I mean nothing else compares.

Anyway, I'd better stop blabbing now. Now that I feel a bit better I'll try and get back to daily comments, if there's anyone out there who's interested in reading this stuff...

(if you are reading this stuff regularly, please... got get professional phsyciatric help.... ;) )

bye for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment