Friday, November 12, 2004

A Weekend of Working...

I'm going to be very tired by this time tommorrow night.

I'm working at a YouthWork/Spring Harvest Conference tommorrow, helping to staff the bookstall all weekend. My day starts at 6 am, when I will very groggily wake up, tear myself from that land of shifting shadows and possibilities that is unconciousness, and have a shower.

Then I will go downstairs, have a VERY strong coffee, and get my bag ready, before I am picked up at 7am.

I and my collague will drive to the venue, and meet the truck, where we unload 8 pallets with approximately £20,000 worth of stock on it. (This we will do with the help of 6 other members of the team meeting us there) Then we will put up shelving, and put the bookstall up, and put all the stock out in time to open at 4:30 pm.

We will then trade till 8, where we will close the shop for two hours and go and have some tea, to return for 10pm, and trade for one more hour. Then we will cash up, and bank takings, and go to sleep. This will pretty much be the rule of thumb for most of the weekend, obviously with breaks.

That's why I say I'll be tired. But part of me will enjoy it aswell. I'm strange like that...

No comments:

Post a Comment