Monday, November 22, 2004

Celebrity Update

I forgot to tell you how my "interviewing" went...

Well... I got to the venue for the gig at 3pm on Saturday, and none of the bands were there yet!

(Note To Self: being early is as bad as being late)

Waited round for 20 mins, and got to see one of the girl bands doing their sound check... (salivated alot at this point I'm ashamed to say! *shrugs* ) Was not surprised but extremely gutted to find out during the course of the interview that they all were either married already or had steady boyfriends... Blummin' typical!

I forgot to mention, in the end, it wasn't me who actually did the interviewing, it was Sam and Jess who did that. (they are both 15, and will be presenting their own youth show - apparently I'm too old now... *weeps* ) I just had to go around being excitable and keen and enthusiastic and down-right annoying to all the bands, till they agreed out of sheer desperation to give an interview to get rid of me... (I think it worked!) By the time the gig started at 7:30, we'd interviewed all the bands except two! and also got some very funny and very silly interviews!!

Job done!

We then went upstairs and watched the gig, there were over a thousand people there, and you could smell the excitement!! (actually that was probably just me...) It was a good gig though. Not all the bands were to my taste, but they were all very professional, very talented people, whether they danced like Justin, sang like Freddy, rocked like The Stones, or sang accapella and wow'ed everyone, a bit like the Jacksons. You had to hear the accapella group to believe! One of the guys was a human beat box, which I won't even attempt to describe, apart from the fact that it was WELL COOL!! (in case you didn't guess, there was a good mix of genres there!!)

The only bloke who really annoyed me was the mc at the beggining with the DJ, who kept just saying "c'mon, c'mon" in time to a dance beat. Hmmmmmmmmm....

requires rythmn?

maybe.

requires any form of training, either musical or vocal?

No, definitely not.

Never mind, was still a good night, considering my best friends just left for another country yesterday!! Life will go on, as, fortunately, music always does....

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment