Monday, November 29, 2004

Quietly

(Copyright J.M. Cullen 25/6/2003)

Quietly.

Quietly she wonders, what her life could be;
If people ignored the outside, and saw what God could see;
Now and then she whispers, to ears that cannot hear;
To faceless shells of people, imprisoned by their fear;
"Oh, will someone please talk to me?"

Desperately he clings to, a photo of his past;
Of friends and close acquaintances, who disappeared too fast;
Sometimes he remembers, the tears that he fought back;
When happiness was lost to him, when God had turned His back;
"Oh, will someone please comfort me?"

Dont you know that I was there, when the stars were put in place?
Dont you know, I have carried you, I have wept with you,
When the sky seemed grey?
Cant you see, I am totally in love with you?
Cant you see, I have kept you, and, I will keep you still?
Youre My Child.

No comments:

Post a Comment