Monday, November 01, 2004

The joys of dating!! lol lol lol

I did something very silly this week....


I joined an online dating site for a laugh!! I didn't think it was a good move, until I started editing my own profile. I answered all the questions as honestly as I could, and awaited the results with bated breath...


The search found that I had Hundreds of potential women meeting my criteria, but there was a problem...


I didn't match hardly ANY of theirs!! lol lol lol Here are some of the following criteria/comments on my profile that were seen as negative by most women: (very helpfully pointed out by the search engine on the site, lol)

  1. "Not very confident" - bad move this one chaps, even though, if you were extra confident in real life, a girl would tell you to push off...
  2. "Not very good looking" - I was being honest, but if I'd said "stunning looking" (an option in the drop-down list of answers!! can you believe it??! lol ) then they'd have taken one look at my photo and laffed their pretensious misguided bottoms off... Besides, which girl would honestly date a guy who thought he was God's Gift???! lol
  3. Height 5-5 '2 - Now this one I can't do anything about, and can understand some reactions too, I mean if you were 5'8 or something, you wouldn't want to date a short guy, but... come on!! surely being short isn't that much of a turn off??! How did Danny Devito get a woman for goodness sake!!! I mean, height doesn't equal axe murderer you know...
I just found it really ironic that my criteria were quite open, realistic, honest and generally encompassing, but all the women's * were very selfish and blinkered... No wonder not many men go on these kind of sites!!! You'd have to feel you were a prime stereotype of the "tall dark and handsome" variety before you could even go online!!!

It's very ironic that men are often portrayed as shallow creatures, when often women are just as bad!!! I'll stop ranting/pondering now, and go and lift some weights...


(as if!)

(* all the women's profiles that I looked at anyway)


1 comment:

  1. I don't think the point is to say you look like and have the confidence of Tom Cruise, but to show that you believe you're worth pursuing. And I wouldn't worry about the looks thing - beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete