Thursday, November 25, 2004

Getting Theological Again...

Sorry about this, I seem to be in that kind of mood...

Anyways...

Some geezer was posting about pre-destination on his blog, so I thought I'd add my own comments.

Now, before you reach for the mouse, and flip to another more interesting blog, hang on!

Pre-Destination is EASY!

Do you believe me?

No?

Thought not!

It always hinges round one particular passage: Ephesians 1:4: "...4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love 5 he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will-- 6 to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves..."

I'll be finished in a minute, I promise you. All I'd like top say is... notice two teeny-tiny words, that change the whole context of the verse, if you miss them when reading all the controversial stuff 'bout the beginning of the world...

"in him"

Paul uses this phrase loads in ephesians, yet we miss it's significance here.

What's Paul saying by using this phrase?

Well, if you take it in context, God set up a divine rescue plan for us to get back into relationship with him, even before he created us! He knew that we would turn away from him, and so set the divine gift of Jesus' death for us in our place. He pre-determined Jesus role, that is, he decided on a divine principle:

whoever accepts Jesus death in their place is saved.

That's it!

So, everyone who accepts Jesus love for them and chooses him, is pre-destined in the sense that they have accepted a gift that was pre-offered to them.

That's what I call Good News!!!!

:-)

*starts a party*

Told you I thought it was simple in one sense!! Kinda blows your mind though doesn't it!

:-)

1 comment: