Thursday, November 25, 2004

Stress and Narky Customers...

Had a lot of those today, could've done without it.

The last straw, was when the shop had closed:

*phone ringing incessantly at 5:40pm, TEN minutes after we'd closed. Jm decides to answer it*

JM: Good evening, (company name), John-Mark Speaking?
MAN: Hi, I'd like to order... (goes on to describe product)
JM: (interupting) I'm really sorry to interupt you sir, but I'm afraid we actually closed ten mins ago.
MAN: (sounds slightly annoyed) Oh? What are your opening hours then? (Jm preceds to tell him, ending with the fact we close at 5:30pm. Sharp.)
JM: I'm really sorry I can't help now, but we do have a website, or mail order service if it's urgent?
MAN: No, it's not THAT urgent. (still sounds annoyed) Why did you answer the phone if you were closed then?
JM: (slightly amazed at the question) er, because it was ringing for so long.
MAN: (even more annoyed tone) Well, in future can I suggest you put an answerphone on your line saying "we're closed, please ring back tommorrow" instead of answering the phone in future. It might be better for your customers (spits out the word "customers" with venom at that point)
JM: er... rite.
(man hangs up)

I'm not joking! That was the actual conversation!! I was fuming when he put the phone down!!

AAARRGGGHH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment