Saturday, July 16, 2005

Signs Of A Scouse Hobbit...

Ok so I made up that title because I'm being like a sheep and following everyone else's idea of writing about mannerisms of my own. (copyrighted to Tom's blog)

  1. I always tend to walk with my head down, when I'm on my own. I think it's from when I was little, and very, very shy. If I'm with someone I know well, or who I like, I tend not to do it that much.
  2. In trying to overcome my shyness when I was younger I used to force myself to look into people's eyes when they were talking to me. This means now unfortunately that I have VERY good eye contact with people I talk to, and possibly too much. It can look like I'm staring in a phsycho way, when actually it's just the way I am!!
  3. When I'm embarrassed, no matter how I try to hide it, I blush bright red then purple, STRAIGHT AWAY. It's one of the things about myself that annoys me the most, because people can tell straight away, and I just can't hide it.
  4. I'm a very feelings-based person, and I draw to, and make a connection with, people I like very quickly and easily.
  5. Apparently you can read my face straight away to find out how I'm feeling, which again is good if someone wants to know, but annoying for me that I can't hide it! Even strangers can read me like a book from my face!!
  6. I tend to get into deep conversations with people, even if I haven't known them very long.
Hmmmmm.... this is turning into not mannerismns but character!! Must get back on track!!

7. Occasionally I have giggle-fits where I can't stop laughing, and become hysterical. My
worst one lasted for 40 mins non-stop, and someone physically hit me to stop me in the
end, 'cos they were trying to get to sleep!! When I get in one of these, EVERYTHING
becomes funny to me, even someone breathing, shutting a door, anything!! I physically
exhaust myself laughing when this happens!! I usually end up crying with laughter, just
making silly noises and finding it hard to breathe, it's a bit like an asthma attack!! I think
I'll call it a laughma attack!
8. I sometimes forget I have my contacts in and try to push my non-existant glasses up my
nose!! (Thérèse I swear I'm not copying you, I was shocked when I read that you do it,
I thought it was just me!! lol)

9. I never have the same hairstyle for two days running. Even when I've had it cut, I can
NEVER get it to look like that again the next day, EVER. So I just go for the mad scientist
look and tend to style my hair with my hands. I haven't used a brush on my hair for at
least ten years, maybe more. Unfortunately this means I am quite possesive and vain
about my hair, even when it's a mess I don't usually let people touch it!
10. I sometimes get panic attacks, and become very nervous, I don't make it obvious, I just
tend to go quiet and concentrate on something like the floor, or a pen in someone's hand,
etc until it passes. This usally can look a bit phsycho as I have to concentrate on the
object and give it my full attention, otherwise I'd give in to it and leave the room!
11. I'm very honest about myself. I find myself telling people things and then wondering why
I said it! If it's true about me then I'll say it, whether it makes me look bad or not.
12. I walk very quickly. I can walk slowly, but because I walked to church with my freind
who's 6'6 for years, I had to learn to walk quickly to keep up with his long strides and the
habit stuck!
13. Sometimes I limp a bit, on some days, because of the MS making my legs a bit stiff.
14. I have MASSIVE calf muscles!! I don't know why, but I do. They make my legs look fat!
15. I sometimes stutter when I'm exited about something or nervous.
16. I don't tend to shave very often, and have stubble 90% of the week.
17. If I get excited about something, I can talk about it for hours, literally, and go off subject.
18. I'm alot skinnier than I used to be. I'm now 9 and a half stone, I used to be 11 and a half
and look like a small round barrel! lol
19. I usually react two ways to meeting new people: either I go completely nuts and over the
top, and act really silly, or I'm really withdrawn, quiet and shy. I can go either way with
different types of people, but don't know why! There is no middle way with me.
20. When I sing about God, my voice changes. I can't explain it, but I feel it after about a
second that it's gonna be different. It probably doesn't sound any different to the people
listening, but I know it immediately.
21. Sometimes I look at people so that they can see what I want to say through my eyes. I
don't mean anger, but sometimes I want to communicate through a look, when I can't
get the words out.
22. When I lead in church I don't use music, I know all of the songs off by heart, though I
don't know how, because I may not have looked at a particular song for years, but I just
know
it. Once I've sung something once, I know the chords. This creates problems for
the rest of the group who read music and need to turn to the next song in their books!!
23. Sometimes I can be quiet, even in a group of people. It's not because I'm in a mood, it can
be because I can't think of anything important or worth saying!! So I don't.
24. I love my guitar, and sometimes I play it while having a conversation with someone, sort
of like very mellow background music. People think they're disturbing me, so they
usually cut conversations short, but I could carry on and hold a really deep conversation
while plucking the strings. I find it can sometimes calm people. It certainly calms me!!

Well, that's it for now, not very interesting really!

I might write some more when I think about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment