Ok so I made up that title because I'm being like a sheep and following everyone else's idea of writing about mannerisms of my own. (copyrighted to Tom's blog)
- I always tend to walk with my head down, when I'm on my own. I think it's from when I was little, and very, very shy. If I'm with someone I know well, or who I like, I tend not to do it that much.
- In trying to overcome my shyness when I was younger I used to force myself to look into people's eyes when they were talking to me. This means now unfortunately that I have VERY good eye contact with people I talk to, and possibly too much. It can look like I'm staring in a phsycho way, when actually it's just the way I am!!
- When I'm embarrassed, no matter how I try to hide it, I blush bright red then purple, STRAIGHT AWAY. It's one of the things about myself that annoys me the most, because people can tell straight away, and I just can't hide it.
- I'm a very feelings-based person, and I draw to, and make a connection with, people I like very quickly and easily.
- Apparently you can read my face straight away to find out how I'm feeling, which again is good if someone wants to know, but annoying for me that I can't hide it! Even strangers can read me like a book from my face!!
- I tend to get into deep conversations with people, even if I haven't known them very long.
7. Occasionally I have giggle-fits where I can't stop laughing, and become hysterical. My
worst one lasted for 40 mins non-stop, and someone physically hit me to stop me in the
end, 'cos they were trying to get to sleep!! When I get in one of these, EVERYTHING
becomes funny to me, even someone breathing, shutting a door, anything!! I physically
exhaust myself laughing when this happens!! I usually end up crying with laughter, just
making silly noises and finding it hard to breathe, it's a bit like an asthma attack!! I think
I'll call it a laughma attack!
8. I sometimes forget I have my contacts in and try to push my non-existant glasses up my
nose!! (Thérèse I swear I'm not copying you, I was shocked when I read that you do it,
I thought it was just me!! lol)
9. I never have the same hairstyle for two days running. Even when I've had it cut, I can
NEVER get it to look like that again the next day, EVER. So I just go for the mad scientist
look and tend to style my hair with my hands. I haven't used a brush on my hair for at
least ten years, maybe more. Unfortunately this means I am quite possesive and vain
about my hair, even when it's a mess I don't usually let people touch it!
10. I sometimes get panic attacks, and become very nervous, I don't make it obvious, I just
tend to go quiet and concentrate on something like the floor, or a pen in someone's hand,
etc until it passes. This usally can look a bit phsycho as I have to concentrate on the
object and give it my full attention, otherwise I'd give in to it and leave the room!
11. I'm very honest about myself. I find myself telling people things and then wondering why
I said it! If it's true about me then I'll say it, whether it makes me look bad or not.
12. I walk very quickly. I can walk slowly, but because I walked to church with my freind
who's 6'6 for years, I had to learn to walk quickly to keep up with his long strides and the
13. Sometimes I limp a bit, on some days, because of the MS making my legs a bit stiff.
14. I have MASSIVE calf muscles!! I don't know why, but I do. They make my legs look fat!
15. I sometimes stutter when I'm exited about something or nervous.
16. I don't tend to shave very often, and have stubble 90% of the week.
17. If I get excited about something, I can talk about it for hours, literally, and go off subject.
18. I'm alot skinnier than I used to be. I'm now 9 and a half stone, I used to be 11 and a half
and look like a small round barrel! lol
19. I usually react two ways to meeting new people: either I go completely nuts and over the
top, and act really silly, or I'm really withdrawn, quiet and shy. I can go either way with
different types of people, but don't know why! There is no middle way with me.
20. When I sing about God, my voice changes. I can't explain it, but I feel it after about a
second that it's gonna be different. It probably doesn't sound any different to the people
listening, but I know it immediately.
21. Sometimes I look at people so that they can see what I want to say through my eyes. I
don't mean anger, but sometimes I want to communicate through a look, when I can't
get the words out.
22. When I lead in church I don't use music, I know all of the songs off by heart, though I
don't know how, because I may not have looked at a particular song for years, but I just
know it. Once I've sung something once, I know the chords. This creates problems for
the rest of the group who read music and need to turn to the next song in their books!!
23. Sometimes I can be quiet, even in a group of people. It's not because I'm in a mood, it can
be because I can't think of anything important or worth saying!! So I don't.
24. I love my guitar, and sometimes I play it while having a conversation with someone, sort
of like very mellow background music. People think they're disturbing me, so they
usually cut conversations short, but I could carry on and hold a really deep conversation
while plucking the strings. I find it can sometimes calm people. It certainly calms me!!
Well, that's it for now, not very interesting really!
I might write some more when I think about it!