Saturday, July 23, 2005

Hee hee!

Well I'm back at the café again and the night is young!! Unfortunately I didn't get to the classical concert, as when I rang the booking line for the ticket they'd already closed! (note to self: check the opening times of places when you want to book tickets)

It's ok though, because after doing my third tour of London on the Red Route, (I like that one by the way!!) I made my way back to Trafalgar Square and sat on the steps and carried on reading the book I bought at Borders today. It's by Danny Wallace, who is perhaps THE funniest man who's books I have ever had the pleasure of reading!! (Go to www.dannywallace.com if you're curious).

I'm not feeling that tired, so might go for a coffee or a pint in a bit, just to ease the boredom of my tube journey later...

I did laugh quite a lot today, as I went to go and be cultured and see the Saatchi Gallery, down by the Thames next to the London Eye. What you should realise dear reader, is that I am dressed in old, wripped jeans and a scruffy t-shirt and trainers, not exactly Gallery-Viewing dress code!! I stepped one foot inside the Gallery, and a VERY smartly dressed man raised an eyebrow in my general direction... I took this as a very polite way of saying "Oi son, piss off!" and quickly exited the gallery giggling at the man's face when I said (in my scouse accent remember!) "sorry mate, got the wrong building". I think by his expression of disdain he thought that too!! It did make me laugh though, hehe. :-)

Well, I didn't get to do the River Cruise... again!! I got distracted by the sight of the street entertainers, and took some pics, and by the time I got to the actual location of the Cruises, they'd finished for the day!! Oh well, at least my ticket's still valid for tommorrow...

I'd just like to say at this point, that London is FULL of honeys!! It's a shame that I have a face like a Rhino's arse, otherwise I couldv'e struck up a few conversations!! (NOT!!) It's funny that you can be so totally anonymous here, I actually like that, all though it would be nice to share a quiet drink with a lovely lady overlooking the Thames, and the bright lights... *sigh*

Not that I'm moaning, I've had a great time so far, I've enjoyed exploring, and despite the fact I have a tube and bus day pass, I've actually done quite a lot of walking!! I've lost so much weight this weekend, it's untrue, and I feel so much better for it!! :-)

Well, since I paid for an hour, I'm off to chat on msn for a bit now...

Byeeeeeeee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment