Friday, July 22, 2005

First Full Day!!!

Well, I've had a really good day, London is soooooo big!!

I'm currently in an internet cafe, waiting 'till 7:30 to go to the Cinema to watch Fantastic Four.

All day I've been doing the Big Bus Tour of London, which, as you might guess, (!) is on a bus... You pay £20 for a 24 hour ticket, and choose one of several routes to go round London, with a guide using a microphone, giving you a guided tour. So far today I've seen Trafalgar Square, Marble Arch, Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, (where they had the Live 8 concert) Regent's Park, St Paul's Cathedral, (which is absolutely beautiful, unfortunately you're not allowed a camera inside, so no pics I'm afraid) the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, and loads of other places I've completely forgotten the name of....

£20 sounds expensive but it's really good because you can hop on and off as and when you like, as long as you show your ticket each time to re-board a bus. As I've said there's a t least three different kinds of tours/directions you can go round London to see all the main tourist sites, so it's a really good way to see them. Some of the sites you stop at, there are walks and other tours that are included in the price of the ticket as well!! Also, as I mentioned, the ticket is valid for 24 hours from the date you buy it, so because I bought it at 1:40p.m. today, I can use it 'till that time tommorow!! I'm going to fit in the rest of the others tours tommorrow, but I'll have to get up early!! I think it's brilliant value!! :-)

For those of you who maybe wondering, the interview went ok, but I'm not convinced I've got the job, I think I may not be the type of person they're looking for, as I think they want someone with strong skills for the shop, and although I'm confident at managing a shop, staff and their training is more my priority rather than marketing. However, I may be completely wrong, so we'll have to wait and see!!

I've noticed several things about London, and one of them is the weather!! Sorry to be british and boring, but I HAVE to mention it! It's REALLY warm here, most of the time. Even though there wasn't that much sunshine here today, I think I've managed to get sunburnt anyway! (lol I know that's really sad, but there you go, that's the life of a white, celtic, highly sensitively-skinned bloke!!)

Another thing I've noticed is how much of a rush most of the general population seems to be in! There's a much faster pace of life here, which when you come from a smaller city (Liverpool, for those of you who haven't read my profile) is strange to realise, because it's not like I'm from the sticks or anything!!

What I think is really cool about London that I've learnt so far, is that there's LOADS of places to go and chill, even though life is so very busy. Regent's Park and Hyde Park, Key Gardens, Rembrant Gardens, and tons of other places of greenery that are so beautiful, that you can sit back and relax and ponder awhile.

I'd really like to move here, but the negative side of me doesn't think that that's gonna happen anytime soon. I've spent the entire day on my own and really, really enjoyed it, and got lot's of pics that I'll post when I get home on Sunday and plug my new camera up to my own computer. (yes, I bought a new digital camera this morning, 'cos my other one stopped working a month ago)

Anyway, got to go 'cos the film's about to start up the road in like 20 mins! Thérèse & VJ, if I do get this job, when you come to London in november, I'll show you round!! If I don't get the job, I might come down anyway if you come to London on the weekend, just so I can show you which tour to get on!! Got to go, but if everyone is patient, I'll post my pics on Sunday night!! :-)

(I've tried to be arty and taken most of them in black and white, but I'm no professional, so don't expect quality!!)

Got to go, the fantastic four await.....

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment