Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Shoe Pain!!

Ok, so I bought a pair of sneakers from the catalogue last week, and wore them proudly to church on Sunday. (yeh I know buying from a catalogue is like the chocaholics version of eating cooking chocolate when nothing else is in the house.... so bite me...)

Their colour is classed as "stone" which I obviously as a male, had no idea of! When they arrived I realised they menat a kind of beigey yellowy colour, which is ok. A bit girly I guess, but they go quite well with my faded jeans, so no probs there.

Unfortunately, when walking home from church in the gorgeous sunshine and slight breeze, I realised my feet were starting to hurt a little bit. I only live ten mins away from church, so I figured five more mins wouldn't hurt that much.

I was wrong.

By the time I got home, I had to take them off, and discovered a MASSIVE blister on my left heel. Although I ordered the right size, the style of the sneakers means that they rub against the back of my heel, I to my regret ignored this all the way home, and the blister also popped before I got them off, leaving a big hole in my foot!! I was amazed that it even bled!!

All this over a pair of new shoes!!

So ladies, although I will never wear any heels, I do sympathize with your pain!!

(suffice to say, Im getting some heel grip insole thingies, and a BIG plaster!)

Anyway, I still like my new sneakers, no pain no gain as they say....

5 comments:

  1. Sheesh. ONE blister. You know nothing of our pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeh but it's one MEAN blister!!!

    It covers the whole of my heel with the rubbing and friction!!

    :s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mhm. [looks at VJ]

    I agree with Veaj.

    You have no case, JM, darling. A pair of sneakers? You've got to be kidding me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ummmmmm, Jm, they are TRAINERS not sneakers. Remember, you are NOT american :p

    ReplyDelete