Saturday, July 23, 2005

Hobbit's Day Out No. 2...

Yes, that's right, I'm at yet another internet cafe to update my viewing audience of my fascinating adventures!!

(note to self: next time you choose an internet cafe, choose one with a much smaller screen font... The WHOLE WORLD can see what I'm typing!!)

Anyways...

It's day 2 on the Big Tour of London, and I've stopped for a break because Im feeling all touristed out!! I've just had lunch at Pizza Hut, (I thought it was really important you should know that! ;) ) and it was very good. I'm now feeling stuffed and very, very tired and sleepy, which is the perfect oportunity to sit down and type for a while. I have a tube all day ticket, (£5-20 for zones 1 - 4) a bus all day ticket, (£3 and you can go anywhere!) and also a Big Bus ticket!!! (As I explained yesterday, £20 but well worth it!!) Soooo... I have alot of scope for more exploring!! (For those of you interested, I'm about three steps away from Trafalgar Square... I got some good pics, and will post them later)

Some things I haven't done still:

  1. The River Cruise along the Thames. - I've got 'till 6, so I'm determined to get it done! It's only one way, but still free if you have a Big Bus ticket.
  2. The London Eye - The queue for this has to be seen to be believed!! I reckon the only way I can avoid queueing for HOURS literally, is either to buy a ticket for it in advance for tommorrow, or to not go to Church tommorrow at all, and get into London VERY early! There are hundreds of people in the queue, as you will see from my pictures next week when I post them... I reckon I could get some really good birds eye pics of London from there, but am weighing up whether it is actually worth all the standing around for hours...
  3. The Big Bus guided walks - there are five of these, from 'famous sites used for movies' to 'Ghost Tours' of underground London. Again, they come as part of the price of your £20 ticket.
  4. Summer Baroque - As I passed Trafalgar Square, I was handed one of several leaflets advertising a classical concert in St martin's, which is the famous church actually in the square. I'm really tempted to buy a ticket for the concert and hang around till 7:30. There are going to be four pieces of music played: Arias from the Messiah (Handel), Canon and Gigue (Pachelbel), Violin Concerto in A Minor (Bach), and 2 concerto's in D Minor, one by harpsichord (Bach) and one by violin (Vivaldi). I'm really, really tempted to stay around. To be surrounded by all this architecture and listen to beautiful music beautifully played.... Hmmmm.... I think my mind's made up!
  5. Bungee-Jumping off the Tower Of London - (ok, ok, that's a joke, you're not allowed to do that! hehe)

Well, that's still quite alot to get through before tonight!!

The film was really good last night, if a teeny bit expensive!! I went to the odeon Cinema on Tottenham Court Road, which was alot smaller than I realised, (we actually have a bigger one than that in Liverpool!) and a seat there was at the Shocking price of £8.20!!! I guess you're ayong for the privellege of Tottenham Court Road though, that must be how they can justify it!!

Well, it's now 2:30 and I've got half an hour left on this machine, so I think I'll chat for a while!!

Adios!! (in line with my cosmopolitan location you understand... :p )

No comments:

Post a Comment