Sunday, December 26, 2004

Family Stress...

*sigh*

It's that time of year again, where something as normal and as simple as a family meal turns out to be the worst mare you've ever had...

I just commited the unpardonable sin. My bro and I were moving the table, (it's one of these extendable posh things) and we'd put the glasses and dishes on a chair while we extended the table for my other bro and his wife who are coming for dinner...

Yes, you've guessed it.

While extending the table, I knocked the chair, and one of the glasses fell off the chair and broke into a zillion pieces on the floor.

Then ensued some raised voices, (it was a brand new set of very posh wine glasses) some tempers flaring, and me escaping to my room in guilt to try and make-up for my terrible mistake by writing about it, and hiding until my mother clams down.

She's the best mum in the world really, don't misunderstand. She just builds up the whole "family christmas" thing so that it's "perfect" and gets all the rest of us stressed to beyond reasonable, normal, safe levels.

Hence the stress.

Feel so guilty now, I think I should go and flagellate myself...

(please don't anyone leave sick comments... it's a metaphor!!)

Oh well, heightenened tension dinner calls, and this Judas has to go eat it and constantly comment on how wonderful it is....

:-(

No comments:

Post a Comment