Sunday, December 19, 2004

Carol Service... YAY!

It's our Carol Service at church tonight and I can't wait! (and there's only one carol going as far as I know)

It's quite traditional, which makes keeping up with the piano and violoins on the guitar quite a challennge, but definitely fun!! I'm singing in the service tonight, which I'm quite excited about, as it's one of my own songs. I feel like I'm part of the furniture of the service, because I sing almost every year, and try and write a new song every year.

Last year I got all the women in the church crying, because I wrote a lullaby based on what I thought Mary's feelings would have been, at her son's life, and when he died. I got to sing it with someone else, and it went really well. I've done slower songs for the service most years, so it'll be a bit different this year as the song I'm doing is a bit more up-tempo. I hope people find it helpful, we'll have to wait and see.

It's all done by candlelight, so I hope they've got a spare one for my words, as I haven't memorised them all yet!! That'll be fun, if I have to remember them!!

Oh well, have to go otherwise I'll be late...

Bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment