Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Heat, Fuzzyness and Rubbery Legs...

Well, I'm back at work, with the whole of the week stretching out before me...



How depressing!



Anyway, to bolster my mood, I will tell you about the weather in Liverpool at the moment!!



IT IS SUNNY AND WARM!!!! YAAAAAAAAY!!



Ahem. Sorry about that, us brits tend to excited when the summer approaches!!



To be precise, it's currently 20 degrees C, that's approx 66 degrees F, and the humidity is at 56%!! The slight breeze is Northeasterly at 11km an hour, and it's clear skies and sunny!!



So that equates to about 30 degrees, 80 degrees F in the shop...



I am roasted, as there is no ventialtion apart from leaving the door open, and a poor excuse for a fan.



The problem with heat for me is, it exxagerates symptoms of my MS, so when it gets hot, I go all weak, and feel like I can hardly stand up, like my legs are gonna give way underneath me. I also get very very tired very quickly and fatigue sets in. I try not to show it in front of the other staff to be honest, but it does bug me quite alot because I struggle when the shop is this hot. With there being only me and another staff member in today, it's gonna be interesting!! I've already carried four very heavy stock parcels up and down stairs from being delivered at the back door to us, and my legs nearly gave way then!!


The problem with the heat is that it brings on fatigue. Fatigue is not just tiredness, the best way I can describe is as if your whole mind is swimming through thick mud, and even the simplest task like working out change at the tillpoint becomes much more difficult.

Oh well.

I've coped before and I'll cope again!

5 comments:

  1. No fun. :(
    (((((((((((((( JM ))))))))))))))))
    Drink lots of water. When you have breaks maybe you should go outside and sit where it's cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like summer either, it's always boiling hot in the car, too hot at night and millions of tiny bugs get into everything. Then there's hayfever...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advice about water and lots of it... put a bottle in the freezer bit if it will fit.

    Get and sit on the perch downstairs too. (as uncomfortable as it can be - it may help with wobbly legs)

    posted back the alias dvd today - its getting all too intruiging for comfort ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol glad you're enjoying the alias dvds rach!!

    I will get some water tommorrow... I've been drinking lots of tea today lol

    It's actually cooled down a bit now cos I've got all the doors open :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, keep the doors open. You could move the fan (or bring another one if cranky-Mister-Potter-like-boss thinks moving fans is unacceptable) nearer the doors so the air will circulate better.

    I like summer, but I do not boilint hot weather!!! I like it about 65 F with a nice breeze. What we call "Indian summer" is the best really when things are starting to cool off but it's not fall yet.

    ReplyDelete