Saturday, June 16, 2007

The Difference Between Men & Women: 2 Examples!!

Ok I know I'm hugely generalizing here, but most of us will know about this book.

Well although I don't agree with all of it, here are two examples that made me giggle this week in work. Both give the best of the opposite sex, and show the inferiority / weaknesses / ridiculousness of the other!!

  1. A couple comes in to the shop, gets some books and goes to the till to purchase them. After purchasing them, the woman asks us for some directions to a part of the coast near here, about 7 miles away. Then ensues an argument between Val & Linda (both drivers) about the best way to get there from the city centre. The argument is about to turn nasty, as they both live opposite ends of Liverpool, when Jm (the non-driver) hands the lady a planned route printed out from the internet off of the AA route planner website that he loaded up while they were both arguing... Woman accepts the printout of directions gratefully and laughs noting that while the two ladies were arguing, i went and researched and printed them out and makes a comment about the difference between men and women lol! Her husband adds "I'm not gonna comment on that statement she made, and I reccomend for your general wellbeing the rest of the day, you shouldn't either" rofl!!
  2. Jm has a customer on the phone whos rung up asking for presentation labels for a prizegiving, and has to get out and describe all 12 different designs we have in the drawer . Jm is struggling at this point and says something like "Right... well er... one has like flowers around it and theyre all different colors on the side and the top, but not in the middle bit of the label... er.... um..." (Val sees Jm struggling and says quite loudly so the lady can hear at the other end of the phone) "what he means is, it's a floral border". Lady on the other end of the phone says "oh yes! I'll have some of them please!" Jm sighs with relief!

haha both of these situations made me laugh a lot yesterday!

1 comment:

  1. ROFL ! Thanks for making me laugh so early in the morning. :)

    My blog is being mean to me ... it hasn't updated to the psot I made yesterday for some reason.

    ReplyDelete