Thursday, May 24, 2007

Work Script/Phrases

This is how quiet it is today.

I'm gonna list the things I say nearly every day:

"Good morning/afternoon, (name of company), John-Mark speaking?"

"Can I help you?"

"I'll just get the cd out for you!

"that's (various coinage) change, thanks"

"bye now"

"what day is it today? Oh yeh, it's (insert day) so, provided it's in stock at the warehouse, it'll be in on (insert day) "

"tea anyone?"

"biscuits anyone?"

"could you pass me that pen please?"

"excuse me"

"sorry"

6 comments:

  1. yes i'll have some tea, thanks. and biscuits. and uh, wot about a ... a ... a hug. :o

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked in a small Christian bookshop 3 years ago before being committed. The most common thing I said was "uh-huh.. mmm.. *nods* uh-huh.. mmm.. *blank smile*" etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JM, sounds like all the things I used to say working in Waterstones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. *steals all Hobbs's pens and hides them in Helen's handbag.

    Hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for your comment, was very helpful :P
    I have to say these things too..along with
    Would you like the reciept in the bag?
    No we dont do half sizes.
    Ok, you can enter you pin now.

    Blah blah blah blah blah!

    ReplyDelete