Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Mid Weekly Update...

Ok, my post yesterday wasn't really a post as such, so I thought I'd update you all on my life this week...

(Helen, I can see you sitting at the back, sit up straight and stop yawning..)

Ok, well my first very important news is that I now have my own nation.

It is called the Republic Of Hobbitaslavia, and you can visit it here.

Also, several interesting things happenned this week:

1. We had a nutter coming in to the shop telling us we were (and I quote) "working for the enemy" because we sell communion wafers to catholics. How we are meant to recognize catholics on sight, and why someone would go on and on for 20 minutes about a piece of processed bread I really do not know, but he did.

He seemed to get very angry because I desperately tried not to laugh, as the cap he was wearing had a slogan that said "no war" on it, and the irony just left me in stitches...

Apparently he's not going to shop with us again, which is a miraculous event in itself because I've never seen him in the shop before, and I've been working here eight and a half years...
Perhaps he's abiding by the Jubilee Law of Shopping and not going into a bookshop until every seventh year or something... *yawns* anyway...

2. We bought biscuits. Now, usually this wouldn't qualify as world-shattering news, apart from the fact that we bought LOTS of biscuits, and many varieties for out tea breaks, which, as we don't have official ones, are many and at various times throughout the day!! We now have Pink Panther Wafers, Lemon Puffs, Nice Biscuits, (pronounced "niece") Jammy Dodgers, Custard Creams, Malted Milk Biscuits, Digestive Creams, and Mini Shortbreads.

3. I have just completed Month End Accounts yesterday, which I hate with total abandon. I spent the day looking up and down rows and rows of Microsoft Excel sheets and making them balance, which was NOT fun. In my desperation for comfort, I managed to eat sixteen biscuits yesterday, which I think is a personal record.

4. In order to appease my guilt at all the biscuit eating I did during the day, and because I am meeting various peoples from chat over this next weekend, I decided to punish myself last night by going to the gym. I warmed myself up by doing 15 minutes on the rowing machine, (by the way it's "row" as in row, row, row your boat, not as in shouting at a machine and getting very angry for 15 minutes) and then I proceeded to cycle on the stationery bike for and hour and 20 minutes, whilst listening to a sermon on my Ipod. I wore myself out and cycled approximately 20km, and now have a gluteous maximus of steel, though walking home it felt made up of very bruised lumpy material!! I must remember to take it easy, otherwise being saddle sore will be a permanent feature of my new fitness regime... I then had not eaten since the biscuits, so had approximately seven glasses full of a 7 fruit smoothie I had made for myself, with approximately 2 pints of water. (I won't go into to details for those of a nervous disposition, but I sweated ALOT when i was cycling)

5. I then chatted with margo on msn for most of the rest of the evening, although for some wierd reason grinned my way through most of the conversation, and couldn't stop from smiling!! (I think it's a hobbit disease)

6. On saturday, i am meeting up with fellow chatters at Alton Towers, and also meeting some chatters on Monday, in a secret undiclosed location!! Much frivolity and cackling laughter will be had at both events, and I shall bring back incriminating pictures to post, taken with my camera ;)

That's it, I'm exhausted now.

Oh, p.s. margo is dissapearing for roughly a week as she is on holiday... lucky person that she is... please leave her lots of humourous comments and general insults so she can read them when she gets back... :p

6 comments:

  1. Me? Yawn? Pah! I check your blog everyday young sir in hopes to receive some tidbits of information about the happenings in the life of a hobbit!

    Thanks for satiating my need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooo, lots of funny things. :p And those 'biscuits' sound good. *steals some*

    I made a country too, mine's called The Republic of Summerfilth, as in "Friday the first of Summerfilth," which in Hobbiton is a saying for a day that never happens. My country will probably go to pot while I am on holiday, but I'll set things right when I get home.

    *steals another biscuit*

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I mean the Colony of Summerfilth ... I keep forgetting I decided to go with colony.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ate 16 biscuits?! :o

    *decides not to mention the time when she ate a whole 200g bar of chocolate in one day*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha!@nossies comment.

    Hobbit, I throw down a white glove at your feet and challenge you to a duel!

    I once (ok, I was desperately bored, I was writing lots of stuff for university, so bear with me) took 8 biscuits, dipped them into tea and ate them. ALL AT ONCE. I wanted to see how far I could go. I actually started at two and worked my way up. Needless to say, I finished the pack of biscuits by then as well as copious amounts of tea...and thereafter wasn't feeling so good. But all was ok.

    The object of this is to see how many you can consume in one go, whilst dipping them into tea (in one go. You shall have to find a recepticle suitable for this) and ensure that they don't break, but are sufficiently moistened (otherwise it makes for uncomfortable eating)....

    I look forward to hearing about the future biscuit fun!

    And yes, I am completely disgusting and have no shame. I'm glad we cleared that up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. *remembers DJ telling her about that*



    children eh? ;-)

    ReplyDelete