Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Mixed News

Today I got a letter from Liverpool Civic Court saying the date for my bank charges claim has been set for the 10th July!

I have 21 days to send in all details of the charges and my defence.

I'll have to keep my fingers crossed!!

In other news, I had my hospital appointment today with the urologist. After several tests, (and one more today) they've told me my bladder is not emptying properly and on two occasions I've had at least 200ml of urine in my bladder without feeling any urgency to go to the toilet. (I had an ultrasound for them to tell me this)

Apparently this is quite a common symptom of ms, as it normally affects the bladder or bowels, and I've been recommended to start self catherterising. I wouldn't need to keep a catheter in permanently, but I would have to use one as and when required, maybe up to twice a day.

This terrifies me a bit, so no concrete decision was made today, but I've been refferred to another urologist in Southport who will do a more comprehensive test that tells them exactly what is going on with my bladder, and how it is malfunctioning. My doctor reckons that all that will happen will be that this other doctor who's doing the test will refer me back to her again, but she understands why I want the final confirmation of the results before doing anything as drastic as self catherterisation.

I watched a video today, and it made me a bit squeamish, but I'm sure if I inject myself every day, I can cope with a catheter as well... It's just a bit daunting that's all!! I'll wait and see what happens when I have this final test.

Oh well.

In other news, I've been on a day off, and I've been carrying on watching The west Wing season One. I've just got to the season finale and it ends on a cliffhanger where an attempt has been made on the president and his staff, with people shooting, etc!! I hate the way they end seasons on a cliffhanger!! lol

1 comment:

  1. Ah, pet, you're a brave boy. I'd freak out!!! I actually think it's harder to handle something when it's you and not someone else. For instance I nearly faint at the sight of MY blood, but I can put a band-aid on someone else fine. :p

    I always tell people if I lost a limb or something I'd kill myself becuase I'm an absolute coward. Okay I probably wouldn't really kill myself because a coward wouldn't do that!!

    You're doing fine though, and I'm sure everything will work out.

    ReplyDelete