Friday, May 11, 2007

Wierd Cold Remedy Of Jm's Trial No. 1:

Last night I emptied half a bottle of a combined oil which has peppermint, eucalyptus, camphor and menthol oil in it, in to a large bowl of steaming hot water.

I proceded to put my head over it and put a towel over to keep the steam in.

I managed approx 5.2 seconds of breathing, as I had put too much oil in and nearly had an asthma attack. (I've never suffered from asthma)

I determinedly stuck my head under again and this time managed 5.3 minutes, after which time my face felt as if it was on fire, but I still had a cold.

This morning, after a good night's sleep, and more oil inhalation, (I dropped another half a ton on my pillow) I feel much better, though I still have a cold.

My cold is not so bad now, so I may try some more oil-sniffing tonight, but before that, I will try another method far more pleasant...

3 comments:

  1. Oh, dear. Those oils should come with warnings--I'm stealing this one from an old TV show--"do not drive if drousiness or death occurs." ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? You spent 5.3 minutes with a wet towel over your head breathing in toxic fumes and didn't have an asthma attack? I'd have had one within a minute (actually, I wouldn't breathe in fumes in the first place).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, nossie, those of us with asthma are sadly handicapped and unable to enjoy the pleasures of putting wet towels over our heads and breathing toxic fumes. Maybe in heaven when we have perfect bodies God will let us try it. :p

    ReplyDelete