Friday, August 10, 2007

Side effects & Dreaming...

Ok so today I am sore and weirded out.

Those of you who read this blog may know I inject myself daily with a drug that hopefully will help me long term with my ms, though it is thankfully mild and not progressive at the moment. I've injected today and have had massive red welts appear on my thigh that are very sore. This does happen quite alot, but recently it's been happening every day, and as I inject in the morning, by bed-time they've usually healed themselves. I think it's just a reaction of my sensitive skin to the constant injecting, and I know I should cycle my injection sites more, but I find it such a hassle to inject other areas, and my thighs are easiest to reach, and I find them less painful than my stomach.

Today i think my skin is rebelling against the constant injection though, because it feels like I need some anti-histamines, as these welts are very very hot and they sting like mad when i walk, as the fabric of my trousers I wear for work rubs against them. My MS nurses have told me about a soothing gel I can get and I think I'll go looking for it soon if these reactions carry on like they have been.

Obviously Id rather have the welts than have a relapse, but it does bug me at times when its very sore. Is there anybody else out there who has MS, injects copaxone and knows of a solution? Am I using a wrong injection technique or something? I use the auto-inject pen because I find it easier than staring at an inch long sharp needle; I guess there's still a bit of denial going on there, even after three years of injections!! If anyone has any tips please leave a comment!

In other news, I've been having SERIOUSLY weird dreams the last couple of nights; in one I was horrified to find I was supposed to be marrying my sister, I've no idea why, I have no incestual thoughts or desires, it was horrible. In the dream I kep trying to tell everyone there was a mistake, but people were carrying on in the preparations as if it was normal!! (I haven't told her because she'd probably have the same reaction as I did and want to throw up!) I woke up feeling really weirded out.

The night before last, i dreamt there'd been a terrorist attack for some reason in Liverpool City Centre where I work, and I'd been on lunch in another part of town, and came back to find glass and wreckage and people running panicking everywhere, and for some reason, the chairman of our company was there... It was really weird.

There's not been anything I've watched or listened to on any media thats talked about these things, so I can't think of at least something rational that would have triggered these dreams, and it's freaking me out a bit as I wonder each time I go to sleep what I'm gonna dream about next!!

As strange as it sounds, I'm wondering whether it's related to the MS. This disease attacks my brain, and is going on all the time, so maybe as it moves arounbd different areas it affects your unconscious?! I realise I'm grasping at straws here, but I need some explanation, as I don't normally remember my dreams at all, and only the last few days has this started. I'm not stressed about anything in particular, or worried, although i am excited about going to America on holiday in just over two weeks, but I don't think it would be that... Would it?!

Any one got any suggestions apart from insanity? lol

8 comments:

  1. There is a verse in Lamentations that says "when worries are many, dreams will come."

    Perhaps the various things on your mind are coming out in dreams?

    Thats my two pennysworth. I'm going to shower now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's because you're excited. I've had weird dreams for over a week now, remember?! And some of them have been scary and some just plain stupid. I always dream a lot of weird things when I have a lot on my mind, even if I'm not stressed or worried. Ii'm starting to believe it's an emotional thing (high or low.)

    Interestingly, I once dreamed I was marrying my older brother and it was similar to your dream in that I knew something was weird but no one would believe me. :p

    Anyway, I always dream more when something exciting's coming up. As a kid I'd have weird dreams right before we went on vacation or had relatives coming to stay with us. It just means you have a lively imaginiation, and when you're thinking and feeling a lot of things during the day, your imagination isn't ready to relax at night. It's doing overtime to compensate for all the COOL STUFF!!! lol

    That's my theory. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!

    I think you both might be right!!

    Meg, it never ceases to amaze me how similar we are in so many ways lol it's quite scary actually!! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's even more worrying when you're female and you dream that you've married your sister. I did that once. :o

    I ignored it. What else could I do? I don't think weird dreams are things to worry about. I think they're normal. I hope they are, anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ROFL!!!!

    Lol I feel a WHOLE lot better now about my dreams now...

    thanks Nossie!!

    lol!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I've injected today and have had massive red welts appear on my thigh that are very sore"


    Sigh ... it started like that for me too. A few things. If you clean the injection site with alcohol ... make sure to wait for it to dry off before injection. You could use an anti-bacterial soap instead and try icing the injection site before and after the shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks mdmh, I'll try that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it might be a combination of... excitement/nerves/anticipation of going away... the MS... and just a weird time of weird dreams! Even though everyone else has pretty much commented already :P

    I liked what Ant said though, relatively Biblical ;-)

    ReplyDelete