Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Scary Nuns, Sore Feet and Silent Movies!!

Today in the shop we had some very scary indian and african catholic nuns.

On several occasions I was serving someone and they interrupted the conversation I was having with the other customer, spoke over both them and me, and demanded to be served there and then. They were very insistent and demanding.

I can't help but think that if you want to marry God and give your life over to Him, then you should certainly get to know Him a bit better and display his characteristics like patience and longsuffering...

I'm not catholic and never have been but I can see why older men who used to have nuns in their schools growing up, avoid them now in later life... Sheeesh!!

Owing to two separate accidents yesterday afternoon, involving me standing on a piece of sharp metal, and also falling off a revolving chair, (see my previous post!!) I now have a cut right foot (between the toes ouch!) that is hurting and stinging like mad, and a left ankle that is slightly swollen and throbbing!! Who says my house is safe!!

Tonight I met up with Andrew and Graeme in church to practice for a special service in my dads church building on sunday. The local chinese fellowship who meet in the building are having a covenant service as they are becoming an independant baptist church in their own right for the first time!! Four of us from my church are going over to do the music for them as they have no musicians, and we had to work out chords and melody to three songs we didn't know that they've chosen, one in cantonese!! We got through it though and figured all the music out by listening to cd's.... (Graeme has a photographic memory for sound, and plays very very well by ear) Not that I'm saying he plays the piano with his ear you understand, he actually uses his hands cos if he didn't that would be silly... anyway... er.....

Anyway!! He plays music like in the old movies, and Andrew and I were in hysterics as we narrated the story of the Good Samaritan to old style silent movie music rofl!!!

I've said we're gonna do it one day seriously for the kids in church they'd love it... If we can keep a straight face that is lol

3 comments:

  1. I must have missed the cut foot part ... ouch. :s I'm sorry, hope it feels better soon!

    I left you a poem on the previous post. :p

    And nuns are scary in general, I think. I'm not sure why ... I saw some in a McDonalds once and it sort of bothered me. :p lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a catholic boy, my childhood interfaces with nuns usually involved rulers ... you got off easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mdh - wow, I'm sorry to force you to revisit your deeply held emotional trauma!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete