Saturday, August 04, 2007

Humidity, Heat, 22 Days, Hollywood Music, Single & Yet Not, And Random Thoughts...

Well...

Where do i start?!

It is very humid and warm in Liverpool today, in fact the weather forecasters claim that's it only 70 degrees Farenheit, but in the shop, with our temperature gauge, it actually says 85!!! I have all the doors open, and there is a very slight breeze, but with humidity at 64 %, it feels very close and threatening. I'm sure we're gonna have a thunder storm.

I am absolutely shattered today. I am at the end of a six day week in work, and although I had four or so hours during the day yesterday to attend my freinds wedding, it didn't feel much of a break as I was playing guitar in the service, and only had time for a quick cheese sandwhich before I had to dash back to work, then finish at 5:45pm, and dash back home to get changed and go to the evening celebration!!

I got home last night at about 12:40, and by the time I got stuff ready for the morning, brushed my teeth before bed, etc, it was about 1am.

This is not really great considering I was in work for 8:30 this morning. I have absolutely no motivation today, my Boss is due back on Monday, and I have loads of things I should be doing in preparation, and I just don't care. i am absolutely brain numbingly bone achingly shattered.

last night at the wedding "do" was interesting. they had a really amazing live band that went through loads of styles and old hits, even james' brown "I feel good", which was superb. The only down side to the night was that I seemed to be the only single person at my table, and although that doesn't usually bother me, for part of the night people reached that stage where they wanted to dance/talk/snog with the person they came with, and I was left feeling a bit silly. i wasn't particularly lonely or feeling sorry for myself, I've generally got over that now, I just felt a bit out of place. it was a strange feeling as I did actually mostly enjoy the night.

My friends wedding went really well, and the music group at church did her and her husband proud. The only funny thing was their entrance and exit music. they'd chosen to use music from a cd, and it was nice, I'm not criticizing their choice, but because of the grandeur of the music background, (to me) it felt a bit silly in a small church setting. Someone standing next to me leaned over as my friend walked back down the aisle with her new husband, and whispered "I can't help thinking listening to this that there should be a massive screen somewhere in the church scrolling credits" lol!!

Ah well, it was their choice and they had a brilliant day before others and before God, which is the point I guess!!

I would like to mention at this point that i don't have any pictures, because in the hecticness of the day, i forgot my camera and left it on the desk even though I'd charged the batteries all day in readiness!! I was very annoyed at myself over that, but had to shrug it off in the end.

22 Days!!!!

That's precisely how long I have left before I go on my first ever trip to the United States to stay with Megan and her family for two weeks, and I'm very very excited!!

Everything that I need has been bought in preparation, currency ordered and arrived, etc, the only thing I need to do now is pack, which I haven;t started because it's way too early and I'm determined to beat my nervous paranoia that usually accompanies me in trying to pack weeks and weeks in advance to stop me worrying about forgetting something!!

It was a strange feeling sitting there last night in the midst of all those couples, knowing that i am single and yet have the possibility of not being in the very near future. It was kind of like being in a relationship limbo, where you are single and yet you're not, because your thoughts are with someone else, not through choice, but through circumstance.

That's given some of you gossip fodder now hasn't it?! ;)

Anyway, I must go before the whole of my lunch time is over...

Bye for now!!

4 comments:

  1. 3 weeks!

    I pack weeks in advance, but because I enjoy the process. It makes the whole exerpience last longer for me. I like folding clothes to see how small a place I can fit them all into, and stashing new things I bought and don't want to use until I go on my trip, and actually packing and unpacking helps me decide what I really do and don't need to take. Probably a girl thing.

    I'm now hungry so ... I'm going to leave you for a cup of tea and a Pria bar. *looks sheepish* (not rabbitish)

    Can't wait til you come!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL no comment on the rabbitish!!!

    :O

    ;)
    :p

    xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. sheep are cute. and they munch grass. but i bet they don't like being out in the rain.

    Ooooh i had this idea if you wanna go to waterville tuesday (28th)and get stuff you need, we can stop at Big G's on the way back and get sandwiches. :o Sooooooo good.

    Right, okay, I'm going to exercise. I am so going to be useful today. Definitely. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *celebrates the arrival of a real blog!!!* yay! thanks JM :D

    ReplyDelete