Wednesday, November 15, 2006

NO Work Today...

Following my day off yesterday, this morning's alarm was promptly switched off and a decision was swiftly made as I struggled to get out from under the duvet and pain started down my arms and legs.

Today was NOT going to be a work day. So, this being the age of technology, I texted one of my co-workers to say I wouldn't be in today and what exactly to put on the sickness form. At other times, I've struggled in to work anyway, but today I just couldn't face a day of standing up all day in the shop, so decided to conserve my energy for one more day before heading back to the grind tommorrow.

I informed my boss (who's in head office today) and also told him I would be back in tommorrow, just so he wouldn't get paranoid that I'd be off for the week. (you never know the thoughts that go through your Boss's head). I figured it was ok not to be in today, since there were two other experenced staff in, and wednesdays aren't usually too busy. Grrrr I'm still self-justifying myself again. I've gotta stop this. Anyway, most of today has been spent reading, as I find that the most relaxing thing for me to do. No plans as usual tonight, tommorrow I'm going to a meeting at my dad's church, as the chinese fellowship that uses their building wants to plan the carol service, and my Dad wants me to take part. Should be interesting.

Friday night I'm hoping to visit my brother and his family, and my new nephew who is now, I think 8 weeks old? I'm meant to be leading worship on sunday morning, so in faith, (ha!) I've sent an email to our Pastor asking if he knows what the theme is so I can pick songs early. If he knows a theme, I'll be stunned lol That should be interesting since I haven't lead for over a year, since I pulled out for lack of energy and motivation reasons... We'll have to wait and see how it goes, to see whether I go back to it.

Well, that's my uninteresting life so far, gonna go and watch a dvd now, I finally found a hmv gift card that my colleagues got me for my birthday in the summer, (!) and got a great deal on four dvds for £20, The Machinist, Troy, Schindler's List, and Goodfellas.

I think I will have to see if I can get that deal for Christmas pressies, though I don't have any money till my wages go in on the 28th... Ah well.

No comments:

Post a Comment