Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Ahhhhh.... peace!!

It's my day off, and it's now 1:20 pm and I've had a relaxing morning and am feeling much better.

I've completed my DLA (Disability Living Allowance) form online, and after my parents have looked over it tonight, I will submit it into the DWP (Department of Work and Pensions).

Wow, was that an ordeal!! Lol! Pages and pages of sentences and scenarios that have to be read very carefully and answered that way too!! I just want my parents to look over it to check that I'm not saying anything I shouldn't, e.g. exaggerating my condition, claiming for things I shouldn't. Ok, ok I know there are thousands of people who do cheat the benefits system here in the UK, but I don't want to be one of them. I'm not looking for vast sums of money, all I want is a small sum of extra money each month so instead of walking to the train station to get to work, on days when I'm tired I can have the choice of getting a taxi in. That's all.

I know I'm nowhere near as bad as some people are with m.s, and my symptoms are mild compared to some people's, but if I am elligble for something, then it would help to get it. I'm laughing to myself as I'm typing this, because having just read over what I've written, I sound like I'm trying to justify myself. Well... maybe I am. I still feel a bit guilty about vlaiming for this, and I'm not expecting to get the high or middle rate of benefit, but any extra money to give me some extra options each month would be great.

I was meant to be going to a meeting at church last night, but I decided to leave it, and stay in and watch a dvd with mum and dad. We opted for the Davinci Code, and thoruoghly enjoyed it, despite some of the obvious flaws in Dan's arguments!! What a great storyline and a brilliant imagination!! I was impressed with the way the film ended, where faith was something even one of the cynical central characters had, right to the end.

I think I'm gonna have to get some of his books. One of my colleagues is reading Angels & Demons at the moment and is raving about it non-stop, so I think I am encouraged that it'll be a great escape read. Not one of the lasting classics perhaps, but a good thriller read. (lol not that I'm great with the classics anyway, I've been struggling to get through the old language version of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein for about 6 months lol)

Ah well, I'll never be an academic, or english major!

Today I shall read I think, I'll blog about the current book I'm reading in another post, it'll come as no surprise that it's a theological book!!

Anyway, off for lunch, I mite post again later...

No comments:

Post a Comment