Tuesday, November 07, 2006

"Dear Tom..."

Tom, I'm sorry to do this...

We have to break up.

You've pushed things too far lately, and I can't deal with it anymore.

First it started with you claiming to be my friend when I'd never met you in my life, and then you kept sending me messages that were friendly when I don't know you from Adam, and we've never actually spoken.

Look, friendship has to be shared ok? If you want to be my friend, that's cool, but we have to do something, like go for a pizza or go to see a film, or go bowling, or chat to the early hours of the morning about deep stuff, or laugh together, or chat for hours about anything...

At least do something!!

That's what I do with my other friends.

So, I'm sorry, unless you can do one of these simple little things, I can't bring myself to be your friend.

I'm sorry, I know it's harsh and shows my hard, unfeeling side, but it's for the best.

Honestly.

You'll thank me one day.

Your Non-Friend;

J.M.

(p.s. I really don't want to vote in America, I barely do it in my own country)

5 comments:

  1. Well ... I voted but I hardly know Tom! Aroo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds life your much too polite. What you want to write is:

    "Dear Tom,

    get off your fat lazy ass and go home.

    My time on this planet is short enough that I don't want to waste any of it with, or on, anybody, never mind you.

    This not a hint.

    This is 'Da Troof'.

    Yours sincerely your name here"

    Surprisingly, this worked for me three times. Once the "friend" actually got the idea and the other two times, the people got gone.

    The third person showed up later pregnant, but that's another story (and she really should have watched out for guys with nothing better to do with their time.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I don't know who Tom is (as this is my first visit to your blog) but I would be happy to be your friend. :) I found you through Mdmhvonpa, hope you don't mind me just dropping in like this. I think it is important for us MS'ers to stick together. I hope you are doing well. Take care.
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  4. No worries Jaime, nice to meet you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. woah charles!! you sound like you know a thing or two about social skills lol!
    Can I hire you as my pa?

    You sound like you'd do a great job!! p.s. keep going with the podcasts btw, I really enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete