Thursday, November 02, 2006

How To Raise Your Heartrate In One Morning...

Excuse me a moment...

"AAARRGGGHHHHH!!!!!"

Aaaah... that's better.

I am sooooo stressed at the moment, it's just untrue.

So many demands on my time and energy in work, and so much re-prioritizing as new requests from Accounts, I.T, my staff, and customers come in. I've been doing this job for nearly nine years now, and I don't remember many times ever as being this pressured.

This morning I had countless emails back and forth from accounts trying to sort out formulae in an excel spreadsheet version of the cashing up forms we use. It's a new system only introduced yesterday, and there were a few errors. the countless frustration of back and forth, filling in figures then sending back again until we get a result is really frustrating.

This is interupting the task I already had for today which was to finish off all the month end accounts that I do each month. I started the process on Tuesday, and have still not finished yet!!

On top of that, I had requests from I.T. asking all shops to reply to a p.c. audit that has to be done today as a deadline, and also to install some new software that again has to be done today! I'm trying to find extra volunteers for a bookstall at a conference all next weekend, and I have a list of customer orders that need researching, plus a list of tasks my boss left me to complete by the end of this week!! (he's on holiday using up leave he hasn't been able to take until now) The problem is, it's my day off tommorrow, and although I'm in on Saturday, that tends to be our busiest day, so I'm ending up pushing myself today to get all these tasks done so that I can have a breather tommorrow...

I hope there's more to life than this, I really do.

My stress levels are actually presenting themselves physically in terms of minor symptoms, (for those who don't know, M.S. as a disease tends to not cope well with stress) but I can't relax, I have to get these tasks done! Technically it's my lunch hour now, but I've forced myself to sit down at the computer and journal this to do something different.

I'm off to listen to my ipod for half an hour, for those of you who do, please pray that I will get everything done today and not be too ill as a result of all this stress.

*sighs*

1 comment:

  1. "I had requests from I.T. asking all shops to reply to a p.c. audit that has to be done today as a deadline,"

    IT should know better. Asking Accounting to do anything at the end of the month is a major faux-pas.

    ReplyDelete