Sunday, September 11, 2005

I'm Reading...


This at the moment.

I started the first book last week, but due to work and other things didn't have time to read much, so had to grab time when I could. Now that my two weeks off have started, I've had lot's of time to snuggle into my leather sofa and get lost in this brilliant series!

(yeh I know I'm a bit behind the times but better late than never I say)


I started The Chamber Of Secrets on Friday night, and finished first thing saturday, and then started The Prisoner Of Azkaban. I read all day yesterday and finished that at dinnertime today. I've now just started this one, and am up to page 70.

I've been really surprised with how good a fantasy / fiction series it is. I'd heard all the press, but avoided it because I usually think things are over hyped, but in this case I was wrong, it's really good!!

I'm really enjoying it at the moment, I suppose because I've got the luxury of sitting in quiet, reading to my heart's content. It's great going from one book to the next, because you can still remember the plot and what the characters were up to previously, which obviously helps as you move onto the next book.

I honestly don't know what the fuss is all about with some Christians. It's a really good story, and I've found nothing so far that supposedly offends. Yes it has Wizards and Witches in, yes it has magic, but then so does the Narnia series by Lewis. To be honest, I'm not one of those type of Christians who sees a devil under every cornflake anyway, so I guess I'm bound to be a bit cynical towards Christians who claim the books are part of a witchcraft conspiracy to undermine the church or something. They're just a damn good story!!

Anyway, I hadn't posted for a whilke and thought I'd better explain why!! I'm going back to stiick my head in a book again, I haven't read through a series like this for ages, it's really relaxing and enjoyable!! I think I'll start on LOTR again, or Narnia after this maybe.... :-)

(p.s. if you've read further than me, DON'T leave any comments telling me what happens, I want to find out by myself!! Thanks!)

No comments:

Post a Comment