Sunday, September 04, 2005

At The Moment I Am Reading...



This is a personal quest for me at the moment, as I'm questioning a lot of things, and trying to get some answers. Phillip Yancey has a writing style I like, partly because he's a journalist and has that edge of asking the right questions, but also because he's honest about his own doubts and struggles.

The sub title to the book is "How My Faith Survived the Church", and that's very relevant for me at the moment in my journey, so it seemed appropriate.

I've spent my life being brought up in Christianity which in some ways I am thankful for, but in others ways it has hindered me. At the moment I feel trapped between two opposing and separate worlds: the world of church and christianity, and the world that God made, where everyone else lives.


I know this isn't a dichotomy that God ever intended, but it's how I feel at the moment, and I'm trying to figure out where I belong. The verse in one of the Psalms that says "the earth is the Lord's and everything in it" seems to raise more questions than it answers in my mind, as if you really think that through, it will affect the way that you live and treat the corner of this world that you find yourself in. Hmmmmm. will think on that.

1 comment:

  1. hmm... a friend of mine recommended this author and I bought one of his books this weekend. I'm looking forward to reading it.

    ReplyDelete