Friday, May 05, 2006

Trains Are Ace

I went to Head Office in Carlisle yesterday, as I agreed to represent the smaller stores on a H & S committee that meets every six months or so. It means that every few months I get to go on a train, which for me is a good thing. I like long train journeys for the following reasons:

  • I get to think about things deeply without interruption
  • I get to read to my heart's content
  • I get to see the names of lot's of lovely places I've never visited
  • I get to see the beauty of the Lake District whirring by, in hundreds of shades and hues of green, shimmering their branches in the sunshine
  • I get to talk to God in my head as much as I like

Generally, they're a good thing. Who cares if they're not on time? I certainly don't.

Basically they're sacred space for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment