Sunday, May 07, 2006

Begginings In An Unknown Place...

I'm at a computer terminal in Belfast Airport, feeling strange.

My grandad had a suspected stroke last night, and mum and I flew over very early this morning. I agreed to go over and fly back this afternoon, because shes very nervous when it comes to flying.

I'll have been over here for approximately 6 hours before I go back, and as well as seeing my grandad, I've seen the church where my parents were married, and also seen the hospital where I was born as a six week premature baby, at 2lb 15 oz. Apparently I was their miracle baby in 1974!! I was in an incubator for six weeks after I was born because they didn't think I would live.

All I can say about Belfast is that it;'s a beutiful city surrounded by mountains, and I'm glad to be back to the place where I was born, if only briefly and in unfortunate circumstances.

Today has provoked some strange feelings in me, as I've thought about and seen places from my very distant past, and my parent's past. I've seen my parents through new eyes and it's given me a fresh perspective. Maybe I shouldn't be so quick to judge my friend Alice, marriage is something serious and not to be messed with or taken lightly. Maybe she was right to call it off afterall.

Anyway time's running out, so bye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment