Friday, October 21, 2005

Sensitive? Yes! Emotional Train Wreck? No.

I wonder sometimes what people think of me. Sometimes I think I sense a change in people's perception, that just because I think about things deeply I'm somehow selfish or self-obsessed.

It's not that at all. It's just that I think about things.

Alot.

Deeply.

Because, well...

that's me.

I can't turn it on and off like a switch, it just is.

Yes I have a silly side to me, but it's not the whole of me. I think the true definition of me is a kid quietly and contentedly sitting in the corner, reading a book, lost in his own world of thoughts and dreams. Even now, as I'm blogging, I can see myself as that, even in the way I'm blogging right now I guess.

But I do care about people deeply. Even those I've just met, or only known for a while. And it hurts when people brush you off, even when they think they're doing it in a kind way. I guess sometimes it is being oversensitive, but tonight I don't feel that.

Oh well, I can't be everyone's best freind I guess.

The sad thing is, I think I'd like to be. (how naive is that? lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment