Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Procrastination, Optic Stimulation, & Decorating... NOT A Good Combination!!

I'm sitting in the middle of a devastated room typing this. My desk is in the middle of the room, with boxes of CD's and my bed, bookshelves and cabinet surrounding it, all crushed up together in a small mountain of chaos.

I'm halfway through a full re-decoration of my room, and am already losing motivation! All the wallpapering is done, and it looks brilliant, but I can't move things back into place until all the skirting boards have been painted.

I think this is what living on your own must be like. I arrived home from work, to find that all of my family were out doing different things: Dad had gone to lead a meeting at his church, mum was still in work, my brother had just gone off to work, and my sisiter had gone out for the night to stay over at a friend's house. I knew I should get changed into my scuffs, and start painting...

But I didn't.

Instead, I let myself be overcome by tv.

I've just wasted my whole night watching tv, most of which I can't remember now. Strange how the human will can be overcome by a the god of the small box of moving images and sounds. Strange that this invention of metal, wires and signals can so capture my attention, that I lose motivation to do anything else but sit in front of it and absorb every detail it feeds to my sub-conscious.

I guess that can be what living on your own is like. With no-one around to think about but yourself and your own needs, the weaker-willed person could get side tracked by the most benign things, until that task of immense importance becomes part of a lengthened procrastinence, that ultmately leads to restlessness.

Anyhow....

The long and short of it is that I feel I've wasted my night, and need to go to bed soon....

How I HATE decorating!!

Maybe one day I'll learn where the off button is....

I live in hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment