Sunday, February 06, 2005

Catching Up...

Ok, so here goes a brief summary of my life over the past few days...

(you KNOW you all want to know really... it's eating you up inside with curiosity, isn't it?!)

Ok...

Thursday:

All day in work, pretty uneventful and quiet. Got bored. But... got picked up straight from work by my mate Baz, and went straight to the studio to start editing jingles for our show which starts on Saturday 5th March. Not long now!

We spent the first ten mionutes umming and ahhing in the Live Room, because as usual, we had decided last week to just turn up on the night and make the jingles up as we went along. Usually this no problem, as when you put me and Baz in a room together, insanity and mayhem usually is the result. However, this time we had a HUGE mental block, as we needed a name for the show, and had forgotten to give it one....

(This is kind of important when you're trying to think up Jingles!!)

After twenty minutes of really really bad and awful name suggestions, Baz hit on a moment of DIVINE INSPIRATION... He asked me when was our show last time before someone nicked the slot for it this schedule? I reminded him last time our show was on a Tuesday, and now this time round it'll be on a Saturday night...

"Got it!!!" Baz said. "If we we've been moved to Saturday because someone nicked our slot, let's call it "Not The Tuesday Show"!!!!

And so... a legend has been born.

'Not The Tuesday Show' will be broadcasting every Saturday from March 5th, featuring Baz, Nigel, and yours truly revelling in madness, mayhem, silly games, prank phonecalls, silly adverts, quizzes, lots of quality Christian Music and LOTS of MANIC LAUGHTER...

Once we'd decided the name, the rest was easy... If I knew how to post audio on this blog, I'd play you some of the final jingles, which involve me and Baz screaming over three separate but simultaneous rock songs, advertising the show...

I know, I know.

You'd have to hear it to get it.

Those of you who are on the Wirral, tune in from March 5th, on Saturday nights from 8 till 10, on 87.7 Fm, and hopefully, you'll be pleasantly surprised at the chaos, random comments, and general outlandishness that appears over the airwaves...

(Just a little advert there... You can't blame me...)

Anyway, we finished recording about 10:30, and I got home for 11:15, absolutely knackered...

Friday:

Hmmmm. Knackered. Spent most of the day in work trying to wake up. Uneventful mainly, the highlight being helping my Boss to manually add up hundreds of sheets of counted stock (gate method!) I really, really struggled not to fall asleep dead to the world and unconscious on the shop floor that day.

Evening was a teeny bit more exciting, I learned how to copy and paste Video html codes from MusicVideoCodes.com, thanks to Sven's blog. I did this of course, choosing to put Keane's Somewhere Only We Know as my first choice. (obviously they're not there at the top of the page now) Very sad to say it, but I felt a great sense of satisfaction and pleasure, when I saw a music video appearing at the top of my Blog. Dunno why.

Carried on editing stuff, and messin around with my Blog Template, until I suddenly realised it was 1:30 am!!! I was in work the next day, so quickly saved all changes, and switched the computer off and tried to go to bed and sleep. This was a big mistake. My mind was still over-active from blogging, and I lay there in bed for about 30 mins, trying to calm my mind, before I drifted off to sleep, miraculously!!

Today:

ABSOLUTELY KNACKERED. Seriously. Whacked. Very Very Tired. All this and more described how I was feeling today in work. Suddenly realised today that I'm going to have to get some sleep tommorrow (Sunday) afternoon, because it's the American Football Superbowl starting at 10:40 in the nightime, and it'll carry on 'till probably 3am. (British Time) I slept standing up in work today, mostly being suddenly woken up by cruel, unusually demanding customers... Wanted to be in bed asleep rather than in work today.

To make it worse, the shop was open till 7:30 pm tonight, (a whole extra TWO HOURS!!!) due to an event called SPACE (Youth Event, lot's of loud Christian bands, mainly Rock and Pop) which was being held next door to the shop practically, in the Royal Court Theatre. This event is bi-monthly, and has about 3,000 young people go to it at the moment.

Needless to say, no one came in to shop, and I spent two hours pacing up and down, and chatting to people. About two people bought something, and even then, it was only 20p bookmarks!!! Decided by 6:30 I'd had enough, but was told we'd have to stay open till 7:30. Was Mightily Cheesed Off, as there was no evidence of actual puchasing taking place anywhere in the store!!! Never mind.

I locked up at 7:30 precisely, and decided I couldn't be bothered going to the actual event, as I was too tired, so went straight home.

That's it so far! Told you you'd be interested!!! (NOT!)

Oh well... there you have it!




No comments:

Post a Comment