Sunday, February 13, 2005

Manic Hobbit... And It's Not Toronto!!

I had a REALLY bad giggling fit in church tonight...!

Had to stuff my sleeve in my mouth to stop myself from bursting into laughter during the sermon, and it wasn't at anything that funny really!!! Will, (one of our pastors) just made a mistake and said a word the wrong way round, I can't even remember what it was now, but for some reason it sounded RIDICULOUSLY funny to me at the time!!

The worst thing is, because I was leading worship, I was sitting on the front row, so Will could see my shoulders going all the time, as I struggled to control myself!! I thought at one point I was going to wet myself there and then!! It was really funny, but it definitely wasn't anything spiritual, just me being in a silly mood! After it started, every little word that Will said started me off again, until I was making very quiet girly high-pitched noises in trying not to laugh!!

I have had a giggling fit before, the worst one was when I did a Beach Mission a few years ago, and someone told a really bad joke, but it set me off giggling just before I was about to go to bed, and I giggled and laughed for a solid 30 minutes!!!! I then started everyone else off in the room (it was a dorm type thing) and they started throwing pillows at me to shut me up so they could get some sleep!!

The worst thing about it was that I didn't know what I was laughing at, I just couldn't help myself!!! I would stop after a couple of minutes, then there'd be a silence that I would interrupt about 30 seconds after by exploding in laughter again!! It was really woerd, and I was sooooo tired afterwards!!!

Thankfully tonight, I recovered by the end of the sermon to lead the last song....

Pheeew!

No comments:

Post a Comment