Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Health... that misplaced word!!

I've decided the best way to work off some nervous energy is to go to the gym, get some rowing and cycling in. I haven't been for a week, so to make it worth my while I should be going back more often. (I used to go three or four times a week last year until I stopped because of fatigue)

I tend to feel better after I've been to the gym, been cycling an rowing for a few hours, and then had a nice relaxing sit in the sauna and steam rooms for a while, and then a nice hot shower before leaving. I'll definitely do that tonight, it'll be good to workout my left leg anyway.

On the subject of all things health-related wise, I had an appointment a few weeks ago with the urologist that I forgot to blog about. Because I've had a few UI's, they sent me as a matter of course to her. I had to do a few tests, flow etc, (how wonderfully innocent that sounds lol) and apparently she is concerned that on that occasion my bladder was way over-full, and she thinks it may not be emptying properly. (apparently this is quite common in ms)

Just to introduce the thought to me for now, she gave me a video and a booklet about self catherterisation, as she wants to do more tests in a few weeks time, but if the results come back the same, she thinks this may be a solution. What shes concerened about is that if my bladder is not emptying properly, I may get what is called "reflux", where urine moves back into the kidneys and causes all sorts of nastiness and damage.

I can't say I'm thrilled at the prosdpect of sticking a tube into where I normally pee out of, I have been told that it doesn't have to be as painful as it sounds, but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. A few weeks of drinking alot of water and fruit juice, and we'll see what happens.

My dad read the booklet and it didnt help that he kept wincing all the way through at the diagrams lol

Oh well, we'll have to wait and see, but my prayers are more ferverent at the moment!! lol

2 comments:

  1. Watch that heat in the sauna ... it always lays me low so much so that I avoid it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeh... heat effects me too but I only go in for ten minutes at a time, and alternate with the steam room aswell, and the cool-off places!!

    ReplyDelete