Thursday, January 11, 2007

On Another Note...

I know, a partlicularly desciptive post title there...

*sighs* I have an excuse.

Since Tuesday afternoon, I have been throwing my guts up (obviously I don't mean this literally, that would be very messy, i mean of course vomiting) and enduring various shivering, feverish and other bug/ms related nastiness. I have a virus my doctor reliably informs me, and I am off work at the moment. I have eaten three pieces of taost since tuesday afternoon, and have managed to keep two of them down, which is actually quite an achievement since I've been throwing up bile, when nothing else was in my stomach.

The infection has caused various symptoms of my ms to flare up, particularly muscle spasms in my legs, so I'm not a very happy bunny at the moment.

I tried to go out on Wednesday afternoon, and even with a coat, became so cold that I started shivering so violently I could hardly walk, then as soon as I got back inside broke out into a temperature.

Go figure.

The human body is a wondrous thing yes, but only when it's working.

This short spell of unwellness, has given me a few positives however:

  • I've been able to watch the entire first season of Alias. (yum - jenniffer garner)
  • I've also watched Transporter 2 - Jason Stracham doing unbeilievable and unrealistic stunts with cars and his fists and feet. (highly reccomend this for entertainment value - a truly excellent lads film)
  • I have caught up on sleep, though I still feel wrecked
  • I have not been in work

That said, I think I would have preferred not to have been heaving my guts out, but alas these things happen. Only now am I able to sit up rather than being horizontal, and hoping that the anti-nauseas tablets I've now been given will help me get through some type of meal tommorrow. Tonight was supposed to be my weekly curry night at the pub, but I don't fancy being burned at both ends by a Vindaloo, if you catch my drift.

All other orifaces aside, I'm better than I was.

Here's to good 'ole glasses of water.

Blockbuster unlimited dvd club - you brought me through, u were the medic I truly relied upon.

I knew there was a reason I joined...


No comments:

Post a Comment