Friday, July 21, 2006

People who make my day and who make me late for work!!

These are the people whose blogs I read nearly every day, and am entertained, awed, and inspired by,,, All of them seem to have exciting lives because none of them live anywhere near me! Here is my brief introduction to them all:

First, my all-time favourite is Valancy Jane.

She's a half jewish/irish/los angeles receptionist who posts roughly about 1,345898623675432 posts a day, (!) and writes about everything, and I mean everything!! She has a really positive attitude to her life, and she seems to squeeze out of it as much as she can. (She is the living embodiement of Carpé Diem!)

VJ likes to notice things that others don't, and she very often benefits in her inner life because of it. She brings a smile to my face on most days, if not a chuckle! Her friends and all those she loves are very important to her and she takes the time often to appreciate them. I would imagine meeting her in "real life" would be a bit like walking into a mini hurricane that both takes your breath away with its intensity and speed, and also leaves you with a feeling of awe lol.

Second in my list would have to be Thérèse. She's an extremely intelligent Egyptian-Canadian, (she's an engineer, what can I say!) and mind-blowingly hot, although she does have an obsession for shoes which, obviously, as a guy I can't really understand...

She is VERY funny, and I find myself laughing out loud sometimes on reading her posts! Her family and friends are also most important to her. She comes from a completely different culture to me, both ethnically and socially, but I think if we met in real life we would get on well, as she is nuts, but in a non-threatening way! I think if she had a previous life, she would have been VJ's sister!

Next, is Ike. Ike is the very first vlogger I came across, and his videos are always entertaining and make me laugh alot. He's a Canadian who lived in L.A. for a year before seeing the light and moving back to his homeland, (!) and has met both VJ and Thérèse, (lucky guy!) and I've learnt loads about his part of Canada from watching the vlogs he offers up to the web.

He's celebrating his first anniversary of vlogging this week, so go pay him a visit and check out why I think he's one of the best vloggers I've had the pleasure of watching. (p.s. I don't visit his blog as often as the others because I subscribe to his vlogs through I-Tunes Podcasts. Go to his blog to find out how you can too) He again has a positive outlook on life and likes to be silly!

If you have an attraction for Bristol and like to laugh and watch Formula One and read poetry, then Lozza is the blogger for you. This nutty Bristolian likes to write about life, the universe, chocolate, her body parts, her friends and God!!

And if that's not enough for you, she also is an avid watcher of B.B. and Desperate Housewives!! Need the latest scoop on the show or who'll be evicted, or the timings for Schumacher's latest attempt at qualifying?! Ask Lozza! Her faith is very important to her, and she finds new ways all the time to talk about it. You'll find mentions of her friends, family and her church life all on here.

Ah. Next there is the undefinable Jonny. I really have no words to describe or label him, which I'm sure would absolutely delight him! Each day he brings a new thought or concept or musing or musical suggestion to blow my small infantesimable mind.

He brings chaos to the world, and at the same time orders into one of his own making. He likes to write about everything and even writes about things you can't write about, namely "nothing", which ironically when you think about it, is something.

I occasinally come very close to wetting my pants with excitement when I read his blog. I know that I'm guaranteed for his blog to neverbe predictable, which normally would be predictability in it's own way, but in Jonny's case, definitely isn't.

These are the first few blogs in my list, I will move on to others in my next post!!

As Captain Jean-Luc Picard said "Engage!"...

He's so good I actually wonder if he's a myth.

I think he might be.

3 comments:

  1. oops when I said "he" I was refferring to Jonny not Jean-Luc lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks kid. I actually don't read anyone else's blog, not as such: I just scan through their posts and look for any mentions of me. I'm self-absorbed, like a giant sponge in a thunderstorm, or something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I thought of this post today and went to leave a second comment telling you I'm still flattered but when I got here, I was shocked, shocked! to find that I hadn't left one when I first read it! Bad VJ.
    Bad, BAD VJ.

    I can only think of one way to make up for this.

    *climbs on a table and warbles badly*

    Yooooou light up my liiiiiife....

    ReplyDelete