Monday, July 17, 2006

The 'Dubya' Word...

No I don't mean good 'ole George...

I mean "work".

Grrrr.

After two whole weeks off, doing what I want, when I want, I have to go back to work tommorrow, knowing that I won't get any more leave till October...

Pah.

I'm now working for the rest of the week, that's Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, AND Saturday!!! Life's so unfair, I think I'm going to throw a tantrum. Even worse, this week is officially going to be a "heatwave" in the UK, and I'm going back to work... To work in a hot and sweaty shop with no air conditioning, and one fan, and know that it'll get hotter because our false ceiling is made of polystrene tiles which insulate the building...

Aaaarrrggghhh!!!

Im going back to work in the week that all the schools and students at uni finally (if they haven't already!) break up for the summer... That's at least 6 weeks maybe more. Everyone in the whole world will be about to go on holiday, and I'll be left in 2 weeks time unpacking christmas cards... (I kid you not, we get the stock in THAT early!!)

Bah Humbug.

If I didn't have to pay off stuff, I swear I'd quit my job and be a student again.

I HATE MY JOB.

I hateithateithateithateithateithateithateithateit

There you go... feel better now.

I might go and sit out in the garden tonight and read a book till sunset, and try and squeeze out the last vestiges of holiday that I have left. Yeah I think that's what I'll do.

Ok, moan over.

2 comments:

  1. Yesterday I was driving down the road at about 1400 hours ... stuck in traffic. Off to the side there are a bunch of guys lifting chunks of broken concrete from the ground and tossing them into the bucket of a tractor. It was about 102 F and I could tell that they were not enjoying the situation. While I sit at my desk in an airconditioned building, I think of them when I think my job sucks. Yep, it could be worse. Lots worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true, I was having a self-pity moment, (wot? self-pity? moi?! ;) lol) thanks for the reminder!

    As compared to MANY people, I'm very lucky.

    ReplyDelete