Monday, March 28, 2005

Update...

Ok, so I know people around the world are wanting to know what I did over Easter, so I'll let the thousands of people waiting in anticipation with baited breath know...

Friday:

Went to our Good Friday service at church, arrived very early on purpose so I was the one to open up, and be the only one there, because I wanted some quiet before people started coming. Had had a bad week and wanted some time with God in the quiet. Thankfully I got it.

The service went well, I sang a duet, and let rip on some harmonies, even though I was nervous and had a sore throat, that went really well.

One of my friends from church, (Pete of "Curry Night" fame) told me he hadnt seen me all week, and wanted to take me out for lunch his shout, which was a brilliant surprise!! That's a friend for you. :-) We went to the pub and had lunch, and since it was a lovely gorgeous day, and the sun was out, we sat in the beer garden and chatted for about two hours, about me and adele splitting up, and how him and his girlfriend are getting on really well, and we got very deep in talking about how hard it was to follow God. It was really good to unload on someone, he's been a good mate to me.

We left the pub about 3-30, and I couldn't resist showing him my newly decorated room! Lol he said he was really jealous of the couch, and it's inspired him to decorate his now!! Lol classic comment from Pete looking round my room was: "hey, you've got a bookshelf, Chicks dig guys who read!!" Lol lol lol

Said bye to Pete, and carried on typing up powerpoint presentation for church on Sun night. (my own idea, following the last week of Jesus life through images and narration, and songs) Got fed up and bog-eyed at about 7, and my bro invited me to the cinema with his mate and his mate's girlfriend. We watched Hitch, which was very funny, but probably not the most helpful film to watch after a break-up!! Afterwards we went to Pizza Hut and ended up giggling at silly things me and my bro used to do when we were little!! :-) Was good to have a laugh with him. :-)

Came back and carried on typing up powerpoint. Went to bed at 12.

Saturday

Got up for work at 7. Felt knackered. Really Depressed. Didn't want to be in work at all. Really quiet day in the shop, got bored. Kept thinking about Adele all day. Then her dad suddenly came in, totally unexpected, and to my shame, I couldn't handle it, was very unprofessional and went upstairs into the office, and left Rachel to serve him. He actually smiled and said hello, so I guess he's not that bothered that we broke up, probably relieved I guess.

Spent the rest of the afternoon moping around. Suddenly realised at 2, that I was meant to be doing the radio show that night, and also realised my co-presenter wasn't there, so I'd have to do it on my own!! Hurriedly whizzed round the shop, and borrowed all the cd's, and put a very rough schedule together. Rang the studio to check it was still on... unfortunately it was a Yes!

Finished work, rushed home to edit some jingles on my computer, and got my bro to give me a lift to the studio. Only had an hour to get there, and even with directions, we got lost and had to ring the studio... lol. Got there with half an hour to spare, and sat down and wrote out a proper schedule. Nearly wet myself before I went on air, realising that I'd have to be funny on my own!! Lol it went alright in the end, the two hours whizzed by!! Baz, (my co-presenter who couldn't make it) decided to keep ringing in using different voices to say it was rubbish... Lol Had a bit of banter on air, and played a few insulting tracks dedicated to him!! Finished at 10, switched over to overnight broadcast, and got a lift home with Ken.

Carried on with Powerpoint, starting to slightly panic it wouldn't be finished in time. Realised at 1am, that the clocks went forward, and it was actually 2 am!!! Panicked and went to bed! Lol

Sunday

Had to get up early cos it was a Baptismal service at church, and all members of the music group had to be there early. Was even more knackered than the previous day! The service was brilliant, two young lads were baptised, one of them was my friend Richard, who I've talked about on here before. Was really encouraged by the service, the message was focused on mary, and how she couldn't see the fact that Jesus was alive and right in front of her, but when He called her name she knew. The message was actually for Christians, and it was really challenging. Will related the baptisms to the message, saying that one of the proofs that Jesus is alive was the fact that he'd changed the lives of both of the people who'd got baptised, and theirs lives and the stand they were making that day was the proof. :-)

Rushed home, and carried on with powerpoint, was starting to panic it wouldn't be done in time!! Finished it at 3:30, 20 mins before Graeme (the bassist in the band) came to pick me up for church!! People had stayed behind after the service to set up the lighting, and the massive screen, etc, so that was all done and ready when I got there. It wasn't starting till 6:30 but we wanted a run-through and soundcheck beforehand. The problem was, all everything was set up, no-one had remembered to bring the laptop!! Couldn't get hold of Will till 5:30, and he eventually got the laptop to church for 6:15!!! Talk about a close call!!!!

Lots of things went wrong beforehand, as they usually do, like the pianist rushing his kid off to alderhey hospital with a chest infection. (he's ok now I think) That meant he couldn't make the final soundcheck, and he was a bit worried about his kid when he got there. It went absolutely brilliantly in the end though, it was an hour and a half in total, and all the images/narration went brilliantly. People really got involved in the worship side of it, and the images helped them to think through how the week had effected Jesus. It was very moving in the end.

I had to sing a solo called "This Is Love" during the crucifixion part, and was really worried, but when it came to it, hearing the narration spoken out that I'd written down really inspired me, and I belted that song out like it was life or death!! (in a good way! Lol) The evning ended, and loads of people were affected by it, and I was really encouraged that yes, God can use me in this church, even though Im so depressed most of the time, and insecure about my voice, my guitar playing, my powerpoint skills!!! God really used all of the band, and the narrators, and the sound guys and everyone. he really spoke clearly through it, and I feel really privelleged that God would choose to speak through it.

Got home elated. Spoke to my friend on msn who I'd seen at church, but hadn't had much of a chance to talk to. She's going through a horrendous time at the moment, and it was good for the chance to talk. My problems seem insignificant in comparison to hers. (her mum has just been diagnosed with a brain tumour and it's secondary cancer) Chatted for about an hour and 20 mins, then had a coffee, and went on msn again to my mate Jaki. talked and tried to get an audio conversation going, but msn was having none of it! Gave up trying to make the mics work, and went to bed about 2 am... AGAIN!!

Today!!!

wanted to sleep in, but woke up at 9:30, from a really bad dream. Dreamt that Adele had been cheating on me with my brother, for some wierd reason, am half wondering whether it was an attack. That sounds really super-spiritual I know, but God has encouraged me so much this weekend, that I'm wondering if it's a coincidence.

Made myself a milky coffee, and watched two old episodes of friends and giggled alot. (the one where Joey finds out about Chandler and Monica being together... Very funny!!!)

Then, watched a bit of T4 with Usher in concert, and got bored!!! Decided to come up here and type out my weekend, with lots of pauses, to think about it!!

Overall a very good weekend, a bit emotionally mixed, but in the end, God Is Good. (I know that's something that cheesy american evangelists like to say alot, but I meant in a real northern way... Lol)

Off to get a shower now, Im sweaty and tired after all that typing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment