Monday, April 21, 2008

Sense & Sensibility...

So, I haven't really had a good week, and I find myself getting ready for work not having had a good weekend either.

One of the wierdest symptoms of M.S, I've found, is one that starts when you've overdone things. Your body kind of rebels against you, and the only way I can try to describe it, is that your whole body feels "on edge".

Everything you touch literally gets on your nerves, and you long for the numbness to come back. Seriously, it's like your sense of touch goes nuts, and everything you accidentally brush up against, or knock into (your balance is usually off as well so this happens alot) sends your senses reeling.

You find that you have a background sense of irritability as your nervous system goes into overdrive, and everything upsets you, to the point where you want to shut yourself away from the world and go lie down in a darkened room alot, or go be a couch potato and let "Doctor TV" try his mind-numbing therapy on you.

I've hardly done a thing this weekend, mainly because my body had had enough. There was one point last week, where I was so stressed in work, that I started getting dizzy out of the blue and had to stop for 5 minutes to go and have a cup of (decaffeinated) tea.

The hardest thing I find about all this, is sharing it with others. I should have talked to Meg about it, but when I'm really tired and fatigued, I find it hard to find the words and express myself. It's like my brain is emmersed in thick pea soup and there's a constant fog and mental block to battle against.

I'm hoping today will be different.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you mate. I hope you have a better week this week. A much better one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to explain to me ... I know where you are coming from. Sally forth and power through it.

    ReplyDelete