Wednesday, April 02, 2008

The Dangers Of Being Tired...

I've had a long week, and it's only Wednesday, so I knew I was in for trouble even before I received the following email this morning:



Subject: You won the sum of £485,000.00 GBP from Yahoo! Msn Awards

Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 00:00:10 -0400

From: yahlt11@aol.com

To:


You won the sum of £485,000.00 GBP from Yahoo! Msn Awards, you are hereby advice to get back to us by contacting with your Clearance Officer REV FATHER JOHNSON for your Claim.Agent Name: REV FATHER JOHNSONE-Mail: rev_fatherjohnson2006@hotmail.com Tel: +447031848598



As soon as our agent hears from you, he shall commence the process that will facilitate the release of your fund to you. You are therefore advice to furnish your claims agent with the below informations



FULL NAME:......................................................

COUNTRY:........................................................

HOME ADDRESS:................................................

MOBILE NUMBER:...............................................

HOME NUMBER:.................................................

AGE:................................................................

SEX:................................................................

MARITAL STATUS:............................................

OCCUPATION:..................................................



Yours faithfully,



Mrs. Carol Jones

On line co-ordinator for

YAHOO AWARDS & WINDOWS LIVE PROGRAMME,

Sweepstakes International program.



I was very tired this morning, and my mischievous side was raging as I'm fed up of getting these types of scam, so I decided to reply:


Dear Rev Father Johnson,

Thank you for your kind offer, I must say I was very surprised to hear from you as we haven't spoken in years!! How is your wife doing?

Is her leg still bad with the varicose veins, and does she still have trenchfoot? I hope her leprous acne is not giving her too much trouble? I do hope she is well, as these things can be very nasty at times, and I was only saying to my mother the other day how dreadful it must be for her.

I didn't realise you and your wife had gone into International money awards, it's a step up from a carboard box in Chippenham High Street isn't it!! Well done you!

As I know we're life-long friends, could I ask a small question? If I were to provide you with my details as you requested, could you first send me your copy of your data protection certificate number, so I know they will be kept safe?

Also, if you could let me know how exactly you want your agents to be furnished? Would you like velvet or perhaps kashmere would be a nicer touch as it is smooth to the skin and very lightweight. If you are employing people in the Secret Services, then perhaps they should be taught what is appropriate to wear when they are killing, chasing and tracking people? Only my opinion of course, I haven't reached the enormous echelons of business and power that you have!

Please pass on my regards to your wife and 50 children, I look forward to hearing from you my friend;

Yours Affectionately;

Englebert Ramsbottom.

We shall see if I get a reply...!!

No comments:

Post a Comment