Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I Hate being male in the summer!!!!!

I dunno about anybody else, (males I'm talking to obviously) but does the distinct wearing of less clothing by females at this time of year drive you nuts??

Yeh, yeh I know we're hard wired that way to look without thinking, most girls are just wearing stuff cos it's cooler and more practical in some ways... but sheeeeeeeesh!!

I've seen more sights to make my eyes pop out my head today than for ages!!

Ok at this point I'd like to be blunt.

I've never really had a problem with masturbation controlling me, etc, once you've had "the real thing", that's kinda like childish, so I've never really struggled with the urge myself.... (I know that's generally unusual for a bloke to admit, and it's a struggle for many) but my thought life.....

That's a different matter!!!

How the hell am I supposed to keep my thoughts clean and try to follow God when I have an in-built god-damn-annoying-genetic-propensity for the "corner of the eye look"??!

Come on guys, you know what I'm talking about. Hot day, lot's of babes walking around in tee tops, strappy tops, whatever. They're doing normal things, not trying to be sexy or seductive, but just the very fact they're wearing less makes you look. and not just look, but notice. For those who don't know, noticing involves not just looking at someone, but noticing their shape. You notice the shape of their body, and that gets you thinking about what's underneath the top, skirt, etc. Worse than that, for some reason, any other time you have the reactions and eye co-ordination of a dead octogenarian fish, but in summer, you can notice a woman reaching for something on the floor wearing a strappy or low cut top a mile away!!

I know it makes me sound like a perv, but you really can't help it. It's so damn annoying, especially if you're lonely and single anyway. Everytime a girl walks past you like the look of, you have to take another glance, another mental camera shot. And the worst thing is, sometimes you don't know you're doing it.

Spare a thought for guys my height! I know girls joke about blokes talking to their chests, but that's a reality for me everday simply because of my height, so it's far worse in the summer! I really do try and keep eye contact, and 90% of the time i do, but there's that 10% when ur eyes get lazy.........

Girls you can wear what you like, I'm not saying it's your fault, it's not. It's a guys brain that's the problem. Summertime I hope most guys would agree is the worst time to be a Christian, 'cos there's so much more noticeable "eye candy" around. Sometimes I end up walking everywhere with my head down, it gets so bad. I did that tonight walking home from work, and nearly walked into a lamp-post!! lol

It's so frustrating, (I DON'T mean in that sense! lol) to try and follow God and yet be surrounded by opportunities to "look".

Am I alone in this?

I don't like to think so, but you never know with freakish me.... ;) lol

3 comments:

  1. Awwww, bless you! Its nice having guys like you around. Its nice to have a guy look, and then feel guilty for looking. nice that he likes ythe view enough to look, then nice coz he feels like its a bad thing, rather than seeing you as an object. U really are sweet. hope to chat again soon, havnt spoke to u for ages!
    enjoy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for not being one of those sexist jerks that blame us women for their own thoughts. Us godly girls, we try, we really do, but when we're wearing overalls on a hot day, and still get blamed for some guy's thoughts, it's enough to drive us crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. every time you don't have that second glance, you've won a small victory
    keep it up!

    no, women aren't allowed to wear whatever they want. i choose not to look at p0rn on the net/tv/magazines, so i don't want it forced on me in the shape of some (note:SOME) women in the street (or for that matter, on billboards either). Anyone who disagrees should see what those women i speak of are wearing on the streets of London ...

    ReplyDelete