Sunday, May 01, 2005

Update....

Very original title I know!!

I'm currently sitting at my desk typing this listening to Jamie Cullum, and chilling out for a bit before I go out.

I'm avoiding church today (I know, I'm a heathen...!) because I was supposed to have been going away for the weekend but it didn't work out, so as I'd told them I wouldn't be there to lead, I decided not to go today and have a break.

Yesterday I went with my brother to help his mate Dave (Dave goes to my church even though my brother doesnt go anymore) with stripping wallpaper as he's just bought his first house and is decorating. The three of us got through most of his living room wallpaper in three hours, the steam stripper is really good, it just peeled off in no time! We carried on and did the box room upstairs aswell, and had 2 tea breaks, and a pizza break!! The weather was nice yesterday, but it was warm anyway because of all the steam in the room!! We came out looking like lobsters because we were all so hot!!

Once we'd finished the box room, we decided to call it quits for the day, as that room was the only one with wood chip paper on, which even with a steamer took aaaaaages to get off!! I suggested we go home, freshen up (ok that sounds gay doesn't it - lol) and meet back there and go to the cinema. We went to see Hitchikers Guide To The Galaxy, which Dave, Peter (my brother) and I thought was VERY funny, but Rachel (Dave's girlfriend) wasn't impressed with at all. I guess it's mainly a male thing, or if you've read the book.

I slept in this morning, ( :-) ) and me and Pete are about to go off and carry on with some more wallpaper stripping, we're gonna have a go at the hall and stairs today. There's something about doing that kinda work, that you get a great sense of satisfaction after you've finished. I wanted a break from work, church, etc as this month has seemed very long and I've been ill and stressed for most of it. It's been really good to do some physical work that doesn't require much thinking, and spending some time with my brother has been really good, as withhim working nights, even though he lives in the same house, I don't get to see much of him!

It's very warm here today, so I think we'll need plenty of cokes in the fridge today on standby!!! I'd better go, we're supposed to be there for 1pm...

Just to say, I've been thinking loads lately about what is the essence of being a man?, and what does God expect of men?, after I read Wild At Heart, by John Eldridge. It was good, but it disturbed me, because I didn't fit any of the generalisations or stereotypes he was making, and I'm wondering what makes a man a man after reading it. I'll post some of my thoughts later, having had sweated for hours stripping wallpaper!!!

My fave album at the moment is Arriving by Chris Tomlin. Literally it ROCKS, and is all in praise of God. Fantastic!

Bye for now.....

1 comment:

  1. Don't take John Eldredge to heart too much. I think if he had his way we'd all be lumberjacks or alligator-wrestlers and kill wild animals for our wo-man to cook.

    My girlfriend bought me a copy for my birthday...perhaps I should be worried?

    ReplyDelete