Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Dramatic Week... P.S. My Mum's My Hero!!! :-)

Not blogged for a week!!

Have done quite alot, but not worth writing about really, except:

I Went to Alton Towers on Saturday for a meet-up of people I chat to on ChristianChat.co.uk. (link is on my blogroll) I went on some of the rides, and a gig afterwards along with 4,000 others, set up in the car park. Newsboys, Superchick, The Listening, Supervision, 29th Chapter and other bands were there... It was cool, I had a really good day!! Everyone I met was really nice and nearly normal, (hehe) and I think I've made some good friends. :-)

Unfortunately for me, it was very warm on Saturday, and sunny, and while queueing up for Air, (one of the rides in case you didn't know - one of the most popular, so I had to queue for 2 hours!!!) I got really sunburnt! I forgot to put sun cream on, I catch the sun really easily, 'cos I have sensitive skin... I spent the next day in bed with sunstroke, and my face has since started to blister!! Oh well! My own fault.

This week I've done nothing of importance so far, but I've decided to tidy my room, and do lot's of washing, and sort out all my music in my I-Tunes folder. (ok so that's not a lot, but it is my day off and I can do what I like with it!! lol)

My mum had an operation on her feet on Tuesday, she's had bunions which have gotten steadily worse, so she finally decided to get them dealt with. This involved an operation on both her feet, where they broke the big toe, shaved/sawed off the bunion from the bone, put a pin through the bone to fuse it together and so that it can heal properly, and then sewed it back together!!!

She's not going to be able to walk properly for the next 6 weeks at least, and is walking on her heels at the moment, with the aid of crutches and anyone who's around!! Her feet are in plaster, and heavily bandaged, and she has to wear special sandals over the top. My nan and grandad have come over from n. ireland to stay for a while as she recovers, to help, and also, so she has some company during the day. Within 8 hours of her op, she was home and attempting to walk!!! She's amazing, my Mum. :-)

Also, in another dramatic moment for our family, my brother fell from the cab of his truck on Tuesday night, and injured himself. He's basically got muscle damage to his neck and right arm, and is off work for at least a week. So our house feels like a hospital wing at the moment!! Anyway, I'll write more soon, have to go and do some housework now..... (deep joy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment